NS Wreck Dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamie_r

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello folks, can anyone list some great wreck dives in NS? They say the reason to be a diver here is for the wrecks, but im having a hard time locating any, I live in around Halifax but if anyone could list wrecks for anywhere in NS it'd be great for other readers as well.

Also, any wreck thats 60' or less thats in realitivly good condition around here?

Thanks for the help
Jamie

Hello folks, can anyone list some great wreck dives in NS? They say the reason to be a diver here is for the wrecks, but im having a hard time locating any, I live in around Halifax but if anyone could list wrecks for anywhere in NS it'd be great for other readers as well.

There are dozens of wrecks in your area.

My fave boat dives- Athelviking is first for me. Russian and Kaaparen are tied for 2nd.

My fave shore dives- A.W.Perry and Isleworth off Chebucto Head.

Also, any wreck thats 60' or less thats in realitivly good condition around here?

No. Well maybe the Saguenay off Lunenburg but that's not really a wreck.

What you really need is not so much a list of wrecks but a group of buddies to dive with. Try Torpedo Rays or Divers' World. Both have clubs and are a great way to make initial contact with local divers.

Great thanks ,

Chebucto head seems to be a popular spot, is that up percels cove? where do divers usually enter at?

Jamie

You can get to Chebucto from Purcell's Cove but Ketch Harbour Road is the one most people take. You need to go with someone familiar with the site to find the entry points for the wrecks.

Thanks folks,
I dove a wreck on monday its in about 30 or 35' fully intact about 150' long I belive.
Its called the "Artic Trader". When I surfaced a local met me at the dock and told me a little bit of history on it. The vis was really bad about 3 -4 feet but there is a nearby hydro dam dumping fresh water , with our odd season this is probly why it was so bad aparently the vis is soposed to be really good other wise.
The dock is privately owned but the locals seem to be fine with divers.
you can find this area by heading to sheet harbour from the #7, turn left and keep going till you hit sheet harbour, you'll hit a irving, around the corner from the Irving you'll find Church point road turn right onto road. ignore the first dock and continue down the road there will be a big green bridge that you really just cant miss, before that will be a dock with parking and some small pleasure craft.
A green bouy marks the bow of the ship, and a small styrofoam bouy marks the propeller. slight current

Hi Jamie, I live and dive in Nova Scotia and the wrecks are fantastic here. In fact today I dived the A W Perry and the Salerno. On the Perry we got down to 106ft
but I think you can go up to about 80 on the same wreck. One of my favorite shallower dives is the claire lilly, it still has alot of spent (and unspent!) ammo in the debris. You should definitely get in touch as we go out most weekends both shore and boat. Feel free to contact me.:D

Back
Top Bottom