ScubaPro Balanced Adjustable or 109

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Couv

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

1. How does one tell the difference between a Balanced Adjustable and a 109 ScubaPro 2nd stage.

2. Would there be much commonality in the rebuild parts?

3. How about the parts commonality with the G250

TIA

The Adjustable Second (109) stage, uses the G200 annual service kit: PN 11-109-040
It can be upgraded to Balanced Adjustable. All that is required is a new spring (PN 01-020-216) and in the case of really old 109's a new lever (PN 11-250-141). With really old 109's you need a new lever anyway to use the current Adjustable/G200 poppet as the tabs on the older levers bind on the poppets.

Dealer cost on the spring is $1.00 and the lever costs $2.00 so it is an inexpensive upgrade and gives G250 level perfromance.

You also need a new G250 annual service kit (rather than the G200 kit). They used to come with a new balance chamber but that is a no longer included and has to be odered separately. it's another $1.00 part.

It's virtually impossible to tell an R109 and an R156 apart unless you do a partial disassembly by removing the adjustment knob to see what's installed in the air barrel.

The exception here is the rare Adjustable or Balanced Adjustable that still has the original lettering visible on the metal purge cover. ANd even that is not 100% accurate as they are fully interchangeable and may have been switched at some point.

Thanks guys....by the way, I just now accidently re-posted this same question as I could not find the thread....common occurance for me.

No problem...I deleted the duplicate thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom