ScubaPro DIN info, TIS?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi all,

I normally run Sherwood Blizzards, both a 1st and second I use as an octo to an AGA. I do public safety diving, but recently found a deal on another AGA on ebay. I fix them up and bench test them for my PSDivers, and they get a good mask. The AGA I bought came with an older Suunto, some little stuff, and a SCUBAPRO Din 1st stage, that I assumed was a cheaper one. But, when I got ready to list it, I noticed TIS stamped in it. On their web page, it says it is Thermal Insulation System, so I am thinking it might be cold water cool.
I also have a serial number, 14897462, but cant find anyway to cross it on the net.

Is there anyway to identify this reg? I know I can take it to a shop, but curiousity has a grip on me now.

Also, is anyone has experience with them, I could use that too. If it is indeed a cold water reg, I will probably keep it and take the DIN adaptor out of my steel 80.

Thanks,
Digger Treinish,
Fairfield Co. Special Operations
Columbus, OH Fire Dept Dive Rescue

Parts of the TIS system were developed during MK 15 production and the whole thing was introduced as the TIS system during the Mk 20 production in the mid 1990's.

Since then every SP reg has had the TIS system installed and has been stamped "T.I.S.". So...it could be a Mk 2 Plus, a Mk 14, a Mk 20, a MK 16 or the current Mk 25 or Mk 17.

A picture would clear it right up.

Mk 2's, Mk 16's and Mk 17's are very good cold water first stages while Mk 20's and Mk 25's have been known to freeze up in water colder than about 40-45 degrees under some circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom