IANTD loosing it grip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Techniciany

Reaction score
Hello

I've been hearing many stories about IANTD having trouble with there insurance policies and that there is allot of argueing going on amungst it founders. I have met quite a few instructors that have crossed over to TDI from IANTD because of this. I have also heard that Chester sold the Canadian section of TDI to a young and not so experienced wealthy from MOM and Dad student from ottawa.

I'm an IANTD instructor and have the IANTD sponsored insurance. I may not be on the need to know list but I haven't heard of any of this. In fact, I am also a PADI instructor and just switched insurance because of the recent rate increases.

Technician
I think you might be right, but i think the slipage could be limited to the Canadian market. I too know many IANTD instructors who have crossed over to TDI.. I being one of them. there is a great level of frustration here with their lack of support. I mentioned this to Tom last time I dove with him, he didn't seem to concerned.

a few years ago I knew more than a dozen active IANTD instructors, and there was even a IANTD Canada. but now I know of only one who is active. everybody maintains there instructor rating but they have crossed over to TDI and they are teaching from TDI. I think the two are very simular in philosophy so it is an easy jump. but TDI offer much better support to their instructors.

As for Insurance Marsh still is the carrier for IANTD and TDI I actualy insured under IANTD. they are the same and I have not heard of any squabailing on this subject. I think PADI is the one with the Insurance problem

TDI Canada
Chester did sell TDI Canada to Rudi Asseer, but I am not sure that is totaly public yet. I only say it because there was an anouncement sent out to instructors.

I know Rudi personaly, well I spent a week with him.
He is deffinetly Daddy's money and has set himself a goal in diving. he is a good guy with the right attitude

I think he may have the bussiness sence to make that part work
as for his experience it is hard to judge in just a week. we did our instructor trainer evaluation together. He has done some great dives, Empress of Ireland, caving in Florida, even the Doria. but what that says about his experience i don't know.

besides TDI Canada is a business which requires little diving experience, it needs a good CEO. and i think he will offer a good balance of bussiness and diving experience

I did here rumour that he wrote the training manual for the TDI Insperation training. I don't know if it was excepted or not, but many of the people who have 1000's of dives on the Insperation where quite supprised by this.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom