A little added flavor....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MysteryDiveBuddy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We need some pics in here so here I am:
DSCN1575.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSCN1598.jpg

DSCN1564.jpg

DSCN1565.jpg

DSCN1563.jpg

Nice pics! How deep can you freedive? I need a tank to go anywhere below 30.

Thanks :D That log is at approx. 20' and I can swim under it, trying for 45' which would be the bottom of the spring basin.

MysteryDiveBuddy:
Thanks :D That log is at approx. 20' and I can swim under it, trying for 45' which would be the bottom of the spring basin.

Very deceptive photo. That log looks like it could be 60 foot. That is what I would tell people....who would know?:D

well I'm like 6.5-7' with the fins so if you take your fingers and get my length then go from the surface to the log it comes out about right so 60' would never fly :wink:

nice pics. with some gear changes I think you'd be hitting 45 easy.

Amphibious:
nice pics. with some gear changes I think you'd be hitting 45 easy.
my thoughts exactly... 1st thing in my book to change would be the mask. I remember getting limited by having to put so darn much air into the mask. MysteryDiveBuddy, you have to try out a good super low volume mask sometime.. it'll make that trip to 45' easy. I'd say change out the fins sometime too, but I've no finned it to just about 80' so I know that's not necessary, ohhhh but they help.
Nice pics though...they sure do look like you're deeper than you actually are. They are a bit large. with my screen setting I had to scroll over to view the whole pic.

I need some freediving fins but I have wierd feet so they aren't something I can buy on the Internet and they aren't often stocked in shops around here. As for the mask that is a Mares Seta and it's the lowest volume mask that I know of that will fit ( I have a funny face too :wink: )
Anyway thanks for the ideas. I don't find it difficult to fin down to the log I just don't dare go much deeper at the moment.

A good thing about not finding stuff easily off the net that fits you or is what you like is that you are able to accumulate a lot of stuff! Soon you have enough gear to invite the whole neighborhood along! I think you'll do great! Man, if I had water that clear to freedive in..... here we sometimes lanyard ourselves to a drop line so our buddy knows you are at least close to the rope if he has to go looking for ya...(or bring you up)

That's one of the freshwater springs around here, I love freediving there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom