Scooter Fund Complete

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ben_ca

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Finally brought home my baby... an X-Scooter, short body.

History: I ordered the scooter a while ago but due to a warm water vacation I didn't pick it up till last week. Anyway it was like Christmas time walking in there and getting handed a bunch of boxes... oh and they had my battery sitting on the charger.. all ready to dive. Also while I was there another gentleman walked in and picked one up also... I guess the word was out that they has some in stock.

Brought her out for a dive this Saturday and what can I saw... What a sweet ride. There's nothing like flying thru the kelp with a tight team on scooters... one thing I will say though is with DIR skills/mind set it was easy to communicate and maintain team integrity in Monterey waters (Kelp, 10 ft vis) .... I cannot imagine doing scooter dives without a back kick and competant trim and an HID for communication.

I can't wait till next weekend

View attachment 35544

View attachment 35543

View attachment 35542

Yuppers... got plenty of looks as we dragged the scooters down.. and also playing around with them after our dive... There were a bunch of divers there but most of them parked outside in the pay parking lot... I don't get it.. Park at El Torito and eat for about 13 bucks.... and park for free... better than paying 10 just to park

C'mon Ben! A beautiful new shiny black X-Scooter --now totally defaced with a PPD Sticker! (Couldn't you find a WEDT one instead?)

Well, congratulations, scooter and battery and all . . .

Someday, maybe, somebody can explain to me why I might want a scooter . . . Since my favorite dives are the ones where I barely move and find a hundred different critters in a square meter!

TSandM:
Well, congratulations, scooter and battery and all . . .

Someday, maybe, somebody can explain to me why I might want a scooter . . . Since my favorite dives are the ones where I barely move and find a hundred different critters in a square meter!

That's like Mo2vation saying never to doubles and Peter diving a BP&W :wink:

oh just wait till you try one...

onfloat:
Looks good, are you going to bring it to Hawaii next time your here? That is if your able to dive. Island Divers is getting a couple to rent out, which should get me by until I can buy.
Not unless you can rip Jo and the Staff's Hands off of them for the first couple of weeks!:D :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom