Any Ontarioans know some good diving spots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BilgeDog

Reaction score
does anyone know of some good places to go diving around lake simcoe area? or around the south east part of geogian bay (around Midland)
Thank you!
-bildgedog

Are you looking for shore dives or boat? If you're looking at Lake Simcoe, you've probably discovered the JC Morrison in Barrie (one of my favourites when visibility is good). Jackson's Point is shallow but the old marine railway is interesting and last dive there were hundreds of small bass and sunfish hovering with excellent vis. I'm told there are remains of an old lifeboat, but we were unable to locate them.
If you've access to a boat, there are some relatively shallow wrecks around Christian and Hope Island. Directions can be found in Chris Kohl's book on Great Lake Shipwrecks (if you can find a copy, currently out of print). I haven't dove on them yet, but plan to next summer.
We've been exploring around the Meaford area, so far nothing of great interest, but good vis most of the time.

Yes. I have done the morrison However the visibility is never good. Every weekend you have tons of newly certified divers doing their open water and im sure you can imagine how much silt gets kicked up.
I have been to one of the wrecks around christian island. The mapledawn i believe it is called. It was a wonderful dive, If only the boat anchor line didnt get cut lol. You said around meaford area was a good place. Do you know where i can get into the water? Like a beach or shore where I dont have to go over someones lawn?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom