seasigns

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CGonTheWay

Reaction score
Has anyone taken this course? I spoke to the owner and apparently the closet instructor is in Crestview(not very close) so she is sending me some info to pass on to our local shops. I was curious if anyone has gone through it. How easy it was, cost, as well as usefulness.

It's a great class. I am an instructor trainer/Instructor in Phoenix Arizona. Every student that has taken the class through me has nothing but the highest marks for it. I hope you find an instructor that can assist you. Let me know how it goes.

jcf

Very cool. I am looking into it and expect that I will have at least one other person that will be interested.

scubajcf:
It's a great class. I am an instructor trainer/Instructor in Phoenix Arizona. Every student that has taken the class through me has nothing but the highest marks for it. I hope you find an instructor that can assist you. Let me know how it goes.

jcf

I was checking out the site, just the other day on this, and was impressed. However, couldn't find a distinction between the Safety Signing and Underwater Signing packages... and what are the "Fun Paks?" I would have ordered one of the bundles (Fun Pak, DVD, Flash Cards), if I had a better handle on what the differences were, and what each offered (then again... perhaps I'm just slow -- wouldn't be the first time).

Just call SuzSea on the phone and she will be glad to explain it to you. She is really a grand lady.

BKP:
However, couldn't find a distinction between the Safety Signing and Underwater Signing packages... and what are the "Fun Paks?"

The Fun and Safety Signing bundle is the core course. It contains educational information for 110 safety and fun signs. The signs are demonstrated using warm water (thin) gloves.

The Underwater Safety Signing bundle is an add-on course. It contains many of the signs in the Fun and Safety course but using bare hands and mittens (a must for anyone in colder waters). Additionally it includes 24 new signs that are a nice complement to the Fun and Safety Signing course.

Fun Pak's usually include multiple SeaSigns learning tools; not just the individual course materials. Fun Paks include the video (DVD or VHS), the eBook, and can even include the flash cards (depending on the funpak you purchase.

http://www.seasigns.com

In any event, it is a great course. I have a ton of fun with my students in this course.

Best,

JcF

My wife and I use the Sea Signs and love them.
Simple, easy to use and you can use them to build you own signals.

the K

Thanks... appreciate all the input -- anything that makes underwater comm more distinct is worth it... (besides... flailing my arms and rolling my eyes gets old...)

Just an added note, SeaSigns will be building more sign packs that will be able to work with divers in every climate. Focus will be on marine life to shipwrecks and nautical terminology. Hope you enjoy.

I took the course last Feb. Very good class & I can't get over how much I remembered. Being the course was in the middle of the winter, it was a good excuse to get into an indoor pool to practice & have some fun. The only down side to the course is if you wind up diving with a buddy who has not been through it, they may not understand more than the basic signs taught in OW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom