Spinner Knife BC mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NC_LandShark

Registered
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Spinner knife to attach to my Probe BC. It said it comes with a BC mount kit...but there were no instructions in the box. Is the BC mount kit just that little flat piece of plastic held onto the back of the sheath with two screws? Or am I missing some parts?

David C.

Hi David,

You should have received instructions with the knife, and I should have them on the web site - something for the to do list tomorrow. The knife is designed to mount to the two grommets on your BC - or in some other creative way if you don't have an Oceanic BC. Remove the two screws and place the mounting bar (flat piece of plastic) inside the pocket, behind the grommets. Reattach the screws from inside the pocket.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Doug

Thanks,

That's what I figured was how it was supposed to go, but wondered if there was more to it given that the bar wouldn't work if you used the two vertical gromets. Now I know.

The instructions say (and it's good advice) don't overtighten the screws and don't use different ones. Screwing into plastic is easy to strip threads.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom