Thursday 10th August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday to meeeeeeeeeee - happy birthday to ME!

hehehe - hi guys, thought i would warn you that its all aboot me today :D.

its such a joy to know that im celebrating a new year of being around and being healthier

so this week was another great week for me and i was blown away

this weeks lost: 2.45kgs or 5.4lbs
total loss to date: 28.8kgs or 63.49lbs

also took the time to put this loss into perspective... its 2 full leaded weight belts (31 x 2lbs weights) or....
Butter-29kgs-1.jpg

so any time you are tempted to say "i ONLY lost ##grams/ounces" THINK about how that is a stick of butter that you have removed from your life!

also took a moment to have a fatty photo done to compare the difference... i still have aways to go BUT I HAVE STARTED and IM DETERMINED that this time its just not a diet - its a CHANGE OF LIFESTYLE FOREVER!

i know im not there yet but if one person can see these photos and it helps them to keep going then they serve their purpose.

8th May
LSL-SS08.jpg

9th Aug
6LSLSS10.jpg

so ROLL CALL - WHERE IS EVERYONE! Comeon, tell us how youre doing.

i hope everyone is doing well, holding strong and being proud of the wonderful efforts they are putting into their lives

welcome El!! i cant wait to hear from you each week on your successes!!

my gosh - so many menfolk here now!

cheers,

Welcome EO!

almitywife HAPPY BIRTHDAY :hb2: :jump013: :chicken:

and a very big CONGRATULATIONS:voskl1: :voskl1: :voskl1: on the weight loss, you must be really happy. You can forget about the birthday because you look 10 years younger.:wave-smil

My update is:

Starting weight: ~370lbs (168.2kgs)
Last week: 321.8lbs (146.3kgs)
This week: 314.2lbs (142.8kgs)
Loss this week: 7.6lbs (3.5kgs)
Total loss todate: 55.8lbs (25.4kgs)

A very satisfying week for me. I lost quite a bit due to two reasons, I'm getting more regular exercise (60 mins walking most nights this week) and I was traveling for a few days in northern China and eating was not always convenient (late night, early morning phone calls, not a lot of food I wanted eat large quantities of, etc.), though I did try to not go without meals, sometimes they were small snacks just to keep me going.

Drew

Happy Birthday Almity, and what better birthday present can you have received! I see you managed to attach some pictures, I've been having trouble doing that, but I will give it a shot.

Welcome EO, good luck on the weight loss.

Happy, excellent news on the weight loss! It's all downhill from here, lol!

I'm down to my end of August weight loss goal, 215, so now I work on my September goal of 210!

Colby, congrats on hitting your goal early. Sounds like Christmas may be early this year :wink:

Drew

Hey guys,
Happy Birthday Almity!! Well, I am just starting to figure out my weightloss plan, I am finding lots of excersises and stretches I can do at home until my school starts and I can start going to the gym/pool. I am at about 220 right now, my goal is set around 140lbs. I just want to be in shape mainly, if I weigh more than that, its fine. There are a lot of stairs at my school, I want to be able to fly up them without breathing heavy. I also am doing this for diving, I want to be as safe as possible, and if that means losing weight and becoming physically fit, so be it. Congrats to everyone that has lost so much weight! Good to see all that butter gone :wink:

Nero,

It's a good as time as any to get started. Good luck, and I'm looking forward to your progress reports.

Drew, Thanks for that. It seems funny when Almity and yourself are losing what I lose in a month in a week! I'm getting a fitness assessment done tomorrow morning, so I will have some news then.

Happy Birthday Almity. Congrats on your most excellent progress. I am down, then up, then down, then up. Such a yo yo here. I feel like swearing off the scale for a year, but that will never work. So, I'll just plug away.
One thing I did notice during a recent binge, I really felt like crap afterwards. I mean after eating so healthy for weeks, I hit the cookies one night. I really don't think my body can handle that much sugar any more.
sooo, onward and downward. :D

Happy Birthday Almity!!!

WOW!!! You guys are doing so well! I actually gained 3lbs this week. That's ok, cause with last weeks huge loss, I am still down 5lbs.
Working on my workout schedule. Am thinking of M-W-F my maintence jog. Nice n long n slow, then T-Th, a faster pace and with weight training. Of course still cutting out sugars. Ok, I slipped a little this week with my hormonal changes. Grrrrhhh. Had a little bit and satisfied the craving. Onward to the next day!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom