I seem to have drunk the Kool-Aid

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dulinor

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After a positive experience with my new VT-3, I went off to the LDS and pool to try for the full set. Now that I've come home (much poorer) I find that my computer and regulator are Oceanic (Delta IV) and the BC is Aeris (Atmos XT.) Gotta say the manual for the computer is much, much better than the one for the reg.

It's creeping me out, but each was my favorite in their own category. Great stuff in the pool, can't wait to try it all out at Roatan next week!

A few weeks ago I don't think I'd even heard of either company.

dulinor:
After a positive experience with my new VT-3, I went off to the LDS and pool to try for the full set. Now that I've come home (much poorer) I find that my computer and regulator are Oceanic (Delta IV) and the BC is Aeris (Atmos XT.) Gotta say the manual for the computer is much, much better than the one for the reg.

It's creeping me out, but each was my favorite in their own category. Great stuff in the pool, can't wait to try it all out at Roatan next week!

A few weeks ago I don't think I'd even heard of either company.

Thanks for the trust in us! I'm also glad you know who we are now:wink:

Enjoy your new gear and Roatan. Even with our gear I recommend you assemble everything and jump in the water(even a pool) before you head south, make sure everything is good while you can do something about it. I don't forsee you'll have a problem however!

Best,

Chris

Chris,

Getting fired up for another trip and came across this thread. Just wanted to follow up - everything worked great! The Delta IV had a bit of extra complexity with the +/- switch that I wasn't doing right at first, but no harm and eventually figured it all out. Great stuff.

About the only thing I don't love on the gear is the PC software for the computer - but from what I can tell, nobody's really solved that problem yet, especially for us poor Mac users.

Gearing up my gf for our next trip - everything depends on fit of course, but we'll be checking out the Oceanic BCD's first.

Thanks for helping me have a great vacation, and for having so much great info on the board.

For your girlfriend, make sure she tries the new ladies BC from Oceanic, the Hera. If fit is the main issue (which it normally is), this BC is sure to satisfy with its many adjustments.

Have fun on your next trip!

Hi, my name is Tom...and I'm an Oceanic addict.

Don't feel bad. I really didn't want to be a walking billboard for any one manufacturer. I looked at several different life support system but eventually ended up with ALL Oceanic gear(Excursion,GT3 w/DVT, Veo 250 NavCon QD, and Alpha 8 octo). After reading reviews, user reviews, hearing about reputation for quality and customer service (very positive Scubaboard representaion), and the most important being hands-on experience, I can say that I am a proud WALKING AND TALKING billboard.

Santa is bringing me V-16's for christmas, and I will be diving Dec.31st.

Keep up the good work Oceanic.

For your girlfriend, make sure she tries the new ladies BC from Oceanic, the Hera. If fit is the main issue (which it normally is), this BC is sure to satisfy with its many adjustments.

Have fun on your next trip!

Would have loved to try the Hera but they seem to be in short supply around here! Earliest Divers-Supply thought they'd have a small was in November. New model around the corner?

Just reading through the oceanic section of the board - I recently bought most of the same setup as the OP. VT3 and Delta IV / FXD10, my BC is a Ranger w/ integrated air+ octo/inflator. The only thing I need to add now is a brass/glass pressure gauge I can clip off easily as a backup. Looking forward to getting it underwater but it's gonna be some months before the ice is off the lake we're on! Want to give it all a try before we head down to Playa in May!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom