ACI 2.1.0 Beta Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
We have just uploaded the latest upgrade to the ACI 2.X download/upload USB PC Interface (version 2.1.0). A number of improvements were made based on user feedback. This is a beta version, and will not go "live" on the web site until our dedicated scubaboard users give it a spin - I look forward to your comments.

RELEASE NOTES: http://files.diveaeris.com/Software/ACI_2.X_release_beta.txt

2.1.0 FULL VERSION (BETA) http://files.diveaeris.com/Software/ACI_2.1.0_beta.exe

Installation of the full version is required for this beta version, but does NOT require that you uninstall the previous version.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,
Can we assume that the upgrade to the Oceanic Oceanlog is not far behind?

the K

To quote the immortal Rosanne Rosannadanna . . . .

"Never miiiiiiiind "

the K

Dang. This is going to be a stupid question, but what the heck...

What is "working pressure"? Apparently it's necessary to calculate SAC Rate. I think it's the max tank pressure. If so, here's the second stupid question: Why is that part of the SAC calculation?

Duh! I get it now.

Obviously the goal is to know how many cubic feet of air is in the tank. And 80ft3 is the correct answer only if the tank is full. And full is defined at a certain pressure - the working pressure.

Thanks, Doug, and all the other folks in the other thread that explained it.

The update looks great, I had one question... The previous version had a visual of the computer face when you were looking at the "Dive Details" tab, now its gone. Will the released version bring that back? It was kinda nice to read the computer as you scrolled through the dive profile.

I downloaded the software about 10 minutes ago.

Thus far, I've only found one very serious problem. A few of my dives now show outrageous average depths. For example, a dive on which the max depth was 42 feet shows an average depth of 488.5 feet! This is the worst example, but I now have several dives on which the average depth is much greater than the maximum. I've gone back to my backup data files (using the 2.0.3 version) and confirmed that the numbers were correct prior to opening the files with the 2.1 version. If I make a copy of the backup and open it with the new version, the same corruption occurs again and again.

I'll be happy to provide a copy of the original and corrupted data files if this will help. Until this problem is fixed, this release is unusable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom