OceanLog 2.2.1 Beta Now Available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
We have just uploaded the latest upgrade to the OceanLog 2.X download/upload USB PC Interface (version 2.1.1). A number of improvements were made based on user feedback. This is a beta version, and will not go "live" on the web site until our dedicated scubaboard users give it a spin - I look forward to your comments.

RELEASE NOTES: http://files.oceanicnet.com/Software/OceanLog_2.X_release_beta.txt

2.1.1 FULL VERSION (BETA) http://files.oceanicnet.com/Software/Oceanlog_2.1.1_beta.exe

Installation of the full version is required for this beta version, but does NOT require that you uninstall the previous version.

If you have any questions or comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Doug

Doug,

Haven't gotten really deep into it, but so far it's a WHOLE LOT BETTER ! ! !

Thanx . . .

the K

Is Atom 1 excluded from this update?

Mirek,

You need to go to the Aeris forum for that update.

the K

I've only used it for 5 minutes to see if the SAC rate works, and had some problems.

First, I had the previous version installed and some dives uploaded. This new version installed fine on top of the previous one and my dives are still there, so that was good.

Second, I chose a basic rec dive to play with, but the av. depth (33 FT) was different from what I had recorded myself, so I exported the data to excel, which worked fine, and calculated the depth using the AVERAGE function on the depth column (after removing the FT texts). I got 29.5 FT from Excel, whereas the divelog gives me 33 FT.

Third, I was now able to enter some stats into the Tank 1 section, but when I toggled between metric and imperial readings I experienced minor weirdness. In particular, my starting pressure was 200 BAR, but when I went to imperial it changed to 2860 PSI, whereas this unit converter I've been using gives me 2900.75 PSI. Which one is right?

Fourth, the imperial SAC rate seems about right at 0.4, though I haven't double checked it to make sure. It was 0.43 when I calculated it earlier using the av. depth from Excel. However, when I changed to metric units I didn't get a sensible result. Going from imperial to metric my 80 cu.ft. tank became 2265 L and my SAC rate became 0.055 L/min. First of all, I'd prefer to refer to an 80 cu.ft. tank at 3000 PSI working pressure size as 11 L, at least that's how I've always heard metric using people refer to AL 80's. Second, 0.4 cu.ft./min SCR or RMV (imperial) is equivalent to an SCR or RMV of 11.3 in metric. I'm not sure what the 0.055 figure I got from this software is about. Third, I don't think people use the working pressure of a tank when they work in metric units, though I don't remember the reasoning for it right now as I've been using imperial units to calculate my SCR/RMV for a while. Anyway, if true, then it seems weird that the working pressure would affect the metric SAC rate which it does in this version.

Okay, those are my comments for now. I'm glad you are moving ahead with this Doug.

So when is it gonna support the Atom 1.0? :D

pickens_46929:
So when is it gonna support the Atom 1.0? :D

Yes, our curious Atom users want to be in the know :wink:

Btw, which pdc does the new upgrade support? Hubby has a VT Pro......his eyes aren't as good as mine :lol:

I just dowloaded it, installed it and will be playing with it this weekend. Look for an update on my VT3 report.

Back
Top Bottom