Newbie Veo 250 Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmyva

Registered
Reaction score
Just purchased all Oceanic equipment, Veo 250, BC, Reg etc. Will be using 250 in Bonaire for the first time. Have heard that one can do 25 dives in a week, I will not be taking my computer. Will it be possible to download my data to another computer, then tranfer that data to mine when we get home? Also, what settings will impact the number of dives that can be saved? Will I know when the data storage is full, that is will there be a notification?Thanks for any information.

Hi jmyva,

First, thanks for choosing Oceanic - you're going to have a great time in Bonaire.

1. Should you wish, you can download your dives while in Bonaire. When you're ready to head home, copy the *.mdb file from the OceanLog directory and paste it into the same location on your PC.

2. The PC sampling rate may be customized, and has everything to do with storage capacity. The following are estimated capacitites for each rate:

Sampling Rate Estimated Capacity
60 Seconds 50 - 60 Hours
30 Seconds 25-30 Hours
15 Seconds 12-15 Hours
2 Seconds 1-2 Hours

3. You will not get notification when the memory is at capacity, new dives will begin to overwrite the oldest first.

Again, thanks for your support - have a great time and let us know if you have any other questions.

Doug

Doug,
Thanks. The estimate times you listed are actual dive times?

jmyva:
Doug,
Thanks. The estimate times you listed are actual dive times?

Yes, sorry I'm not Doug.

Definitely correct me if I am wrong, but it should be mentioned that the sampling rate is the computers way of taking pictures of your dive. If you chose the 60 second sampling rate it would mean the there would be a 60 second interval between the snapshots (so to speak.). The 30 second sampling rate would have a 30 second interval. The lower the number is for the sampling rate means that the computer has to store more information. All the computers that our store has ordered from Oceanic seem to be set to 30 seconds.
The 60 second sampling rate would be useful if you knew you would be maintaining a constant depth with little or no change in depth. This is also useful to Open Water Instructors doing skill evaluations with students.
For pleasure diving I personally prefer the 30 second sampling rate because I know that I will be wanting to see this down there and that up there as well as the other thing over there.
Roy

Back
Top Bottom