Opnions Needed on they "Deal" I was offered.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hearse

Registered
Reaction score
Friend Quit Diving about 4 years ago. No maintenance or upkeep on gear, all functions well and looks new.

2 regs Mares Ruby Primary
Mares Surveyor Nitrox Computer
Mares BCD w/ intergrated weights

I do not know yet what exact Mares BCD it is.

Being new to Diving I know not doing reg maintenance is a bad thing and I might rather spend the money on newer gear, but before I said No I would like to see the general opnion.

BTW $450.00 for it all.

Hearse:
Friend Quit Diving about 4 years ago. No maintenance or upkeep on gear, all functions well and looks new.

2 regs Mares Ruby Primary
Mares Surveyor Nitrox Computer
Mares BCD w/ intergrated weights

I do not know yet what exact Mares BCD it is.

Being new to Diving I know not doing reg maintenance is a bad thing and I might rather spend the money on newer gear, but before I said No I would like to see the general opnion.

BTW $450.00 for it all.
Call an LDS and find out what they would want to rebuild the regs, they are due anyway, and the cost to inspect the BC and Computer.

I'm not a big Mares fan, but I'd offer $350-400 take it or leave it. Worst case, that stuff could be pool gear or spares.

I know at one point the Mares ruby was their top of the line gear. Not sure now and I am not a fan of mares either.

Brent

Thanks Guys,

Looks like I will be passing.

Could be a good deal, depending on the cost to get it inspected.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to learn to service regs yourself!

Back
Top Bottom