regs for doubles and stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rawls

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am just finishing up my advanced nitrox course tomorrow. Lots of gear reconfigurations. I am going to start diving doubles soon and get used to them before I take my deco course...Both from TDI. So I am getting ready to purchase 3 first and second stages for the doubles and a stage. My instructor suggests the Scubapro Mark 25 series. A very trusted LDS owner in Upstate NY suggests the Zeagle Flathead series. They are both in the same price range and I know they are both good regs. I'm looking for input for any info from members who may be able to help me make a decision. I don't think I can go wrong with either, but I'd appreciate any input that may help. In any event...I'm getting ready to spend some serious money. They say boat is a hole you throw money into. Kind of relates to SCUBA. The more training I get the more gear I find I need to buy...:shakehead

Consider the salvo line of regs. They were originally marketed as being for stage bottles until someone realized how great they breathe. They are an affordable reg that breathes great.

Brent

rawls:
I am just finishing up my advanced nitrox course tomorrow. Lots of gear reconfigurations. I am going to start diving doubles soon and get used to them before I take my deco course...Both from TDI. So I am getting ready to purchase 3 first and second stages for the doubles and a stage. My instructor suggests the Scubapro Mark 25 series. A very trusted LDS owner in Upstate NY suggests the Zeagle Flathead series. They are both in the same price range and I know they are both good regs. I'm looking for input for any info from members who may be able to help me make a decision. I don't think I can go wrong with either, but I'd appreciate any input that may help. In any event...I'm getting ready to spend some serious money. They say boat is a hole you throw money into. Kind of relates to SCUBA. The more training I get the more gear I find I need to buy...:shakehead
I would say Apeks or MARES. love these to regs. mares abyss and the mares proton ice extreme are awsome, and not to expensive

I used MK25/S600, MK17/S555, Apeks 200 very reliable good performance regs for back gas

All of my regs are Apeks. atx 200's for Backgas and atx 50/ Ds4's for Deco/ Stages/ Argon. All are 300 bar DIN.

As long as they are serviced/inspected yearly, Apeks has free parts for life.

Apeks makes good regs.

Might as well look into the hose routing issue as well.

For type of diving you are looking into, you might want to look into what your buddies and/or team is using. The advantage would be that you can have some spare parts which the team can share during the trip.

Currently uses Apeks DS4s for my doubles AL80s. The hose routing aren't that nice for aluminum tanks due to shorter tank necks but manageable. Two of the member in the team are using Apeks FSRs and I find their hose routing much better for double AL80s. Do a search on this board and you can get some good information on this.

all my regs are apeks, 1st stages are DX4, second TX40 or ATX 50. Some Mares regs can't be used with higher nitrox so they are not suitable for stage tanks. Apeks is great....
Mania

I would go Apex 200's.. have two of them for primary / secondary.. and I think they're running a special that if you buy one now, you get a free Legend or some other nice reg as well...

D

whatever brand don't even consider a reg for deco/stages that doesn't have a first stage swivel, it is much easier to use,park and deploy. Then get back gas regs that have the same service parts.

Am using oceanic cdx5 first stages with delta3 on primary and GT3 on bungee. Have an alpha 7 with balanced piston w/enviro kit, sherwood brut, sherwood blizzard, or aqualung SEA2 that I could use for stage(s).

Back
Top Bottom