Dominican

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJae

Registered
Reaction score
I am going to theDominican Republic, any suggestions on dive sites:drown:
I want to know what you think are the best dive sites there.

Have you been on your trip yet? I am also looking into the DR, heard mixed reviews, but the May 2002 Rodales had a little info in the Travel Report Guide deal. I am looking at Treasure Divers at the Don Juan Beach Resort.

Hi Bossk:
I have not been there. However, I have the 2002 Chapbook which has a review on Treasure Divers.
It says very little English is spoken at the dive shop. Boats were small, and the seas were rough. Visability was bad and very little coral. Hardly any fish.
The resort was good and the food was fine. This review was from someone that went there in February of 01.
Good luck.

Great just the kind of info I'm looking for. Think I'm going to try and get some info on getting to Bonaire from Toronto. I've been liking everything I've been reading here on the board, online and in magazines about it.

I don't think I put in another request on Dominican dive sites, In fact I am sure I didn't. Anyway thanks for the replys again. I am going to Punta Cana and hopefully dive the catalina Island area, we will be there over New years.

Thanks again

I will, maybe with pics as well if there are any good. What part are you planning on going to.

Not entirely sure, from what I hear Catalina Island is the best. I'm actually looking into Bonaire at the momment, but I'm trying to get as much info from people who have been for future reference.

When ever we do manage to settle on a place and trip out though it'll be in March.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom