atmos 2 temp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

salt h20

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
i understand that the temp readings on the atmos 2 or any other dive computer are not instantaneous and need time to register changing temperatures. however i would like to know how long it typically takes to register a 10 degree change? a 20 degree change?

It dpends on factors like if it was in the sun before diving, is the unit worn over a wetsuit(wrist) or console.
That being said it should read changes fairly quickly(within a min or so) if the swing is large.

Hmmm, that's not been the case with my Oceanic Versa Pro (from my understanding practically an identical computer). My last dive put us down below a thermocline for roughly 4-5 minutes at a temp of 72 (I know this from other computers). I had been at a temp of 84 for at least 15 minutes previous (verified on mine and other computers). The lowest my computer ever registered was 79 and this is in line with prevoius experiences. It alway seems to take my computer about 10 minutes to register the correct temp either when getting in the water for the first time or dipping below into a thermocline.

i went from a known 91 degree water into a themocline of known 65 degree for 3 minutes and my temp only read 79 degrees i would say it takes considerably longer

Same here with my Atmos 2... (in a console boot, btw)

I'm pretty sure of temps after 8-10 minutes in a console.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom