Adak Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ya, Im posting here untill we get our own forum. I just took a job in Adak for a couple of months. Im shipping my dive gear out too. This could be awsome! For those of you that don't know where Adak is, it's about 1300 miles west south west of Anchorage and several hundred miles west of Hawaii. Im so excited to go back there. This time UW. Looking forward to all the cold water critters and corals. Im sure y'all missed this in the news but a couple of weeks ago, GWB placed a bottom trawling ban on 370,000 square miles of ocean floor in Alaska. It will take some time for the corals to come back but at least now they will. I hope to fond some undisturbed patches. I'll get lots of pics to share too.

When are you opening a charter business there? I want to come too.

you're worse than fleas on a dog! Jumping from here to there - Oahu, Big Island, Alaska, Jersey, Ohio, Iraq....

Hope you have a good time, stay safe and that you have a working camers :wink:

I'll tell you late about the latest camera incident....

Those are some rough conditions to be diving in. Post some pics if you can and take care.

The pics will have to wait untill I get back Just dialup out there and it's very slow. MAybe the baord will be fixed by the time I get back?

K stays here. Im leaving HI prolly sunday and leaving Homer for Adak on Thursday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom