Nitek C

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CoalBoy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
Found this forum and its cool to have somethin' dedicated to DiveRite.

I'm using a Nitek C. Bought it a couple of years ago & it's still workin'! Haven't even changed batts yet. Great computer! Only had to change the strap once.

People have been askin' me where did i get it and where they can buy one. I don't know of anyone selling it anymore, whether on the net or locally here in the Phils.

Is it still in production?

Thanks! :D

Nope. The Nitek Plus has taken its place. It is a 2-gas computer with other user-friendly features like dual time and a loud alarm clock that actually wakes you up. Still watch size. The price has just been reduced, as well. It is my favorite dive computer that I have ever used... and I'm not just saying that because I work for DR.

Cheers

I can second that...I love my NiTek Plus. You can get them here for an incredible price. $299....also includes the velcro watch band, the flexible cover for the crystal display, and UPS ground shipping for free.

Sounds like DiveRite is really trying to get rid of these things to make way for something new. :wink:

Hi everyone!

Got a PM from Mr Geoffrey(from DR) and am commenting on that and the couple other posts on the thread.

(Sorry for the late reply, just got back from a dive trip in Samal Island, Davao, Philippines)

Too bad the Nitek C is out of prod. Well, i'm familiar with the Nitek Plus and the exact same one with an "Apeks" stamped on it. Same OEM?

A lot of my friends use that. At least it counts the 3-minute safety stop (which my Nitek C does not) But, i think the 2-mix capability of the N-Plus is kinda limited, 'coz if you're doing multigas diving, why settle for 2 mixes, when you can go for more? (we usually use 3) So for multi-gas, somethin' like the N-He would be better.

As for the look, well, nothing beats the titanium finish and the overall size of the N-C. Looks indestructible (and i think it is). Unless of course you consider those Ti Stingers("kaching-ching"-cash registers).

Well anyways, more power guys, i hope you can think of some more innovative "simple" stuff for us divers.

greg :D

Jordan:
Nope. The Nitek Plus has taken its place. It is a 2-gas computer with other user-friendly features like dual time and a loud alarm clock that actually wakes you up. Still watch size. The price has just been reduced, as well. It is my favorite dive computer that I have ever used... and I'm not just saying that because I work for DR.
Cheers

Jordan/DiveRite.. is the NiTek Plus now discontinued also?
if so.. is there a new NiTek wrist-watch taking its place? when? what new features?
(otherwise.. why then the drastic price reduction?)

VBlueV:
Jordan/DiveRite.. is the NiTek Plus now discontinued also?
if so.. is there a new NiTek wrist-watch taking its place? when? what new features?
(otherwise.. why then the drastic price reduction?)

Nope--not discontinued. Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you yet. Cheers

I just got my Nitek Plus and I have been reading the manual. It seems user friendly I can't wait to try it out besides in the pool where I used it tonight.

CoalBoy:
Hi everyone!
Found this forum and its cool to have somethin' dedicated to DiveRite.

I'm using a Nitek C. Bought it a couple of years ago & it's still workin'! Haven't even changed batts yet. Great computer! Only had to change the strap once.

People have been askin' me where did i get it and where they can buy one. I don't know of anyone selling it anymore, whether on the net or locally here in the Phils.

Is it still in production?

Thanks! :D

I got mine when they first came out with them and love it! The battery is still going strong after 6+ yrs. I too had to change the strap about a yr ago. When the battery does decide to go I'll send it off to jordan to get it replaced, It's a shame they discontinued it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom