Quintessential regulators...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Me:
Experienced diver who frequents wrecks and caves and teaches Scuba. While I have an Oceanic that I use for the pool, I need to replace my two aging Micra/Cousteau regulators (DIN). My OW tank of choice is a steel HP120 with H Dins (2) or a set of double 72s.

My criteria:
High performance
DIN
eensy weensy
Light
Environmentally Sealed
Rediculously easy to breathe (no freeflows)
Rebuilds itself when it is time :D

So what fits? What doesn't?

Manufacturers: feel free to tell me about your "best of the best" regs in here. :D

I'm ready for some new regs!

apeks

scubapros

zeagles

dive rites

in that order

The Micra is just too finicky! That and the HP seat on the Cousteau seems to be very fragile. I just don't like free flows in a cave. :D

H2Andy:
apeks

scubapros

zeagles

dive rites

in that order

Yea, that's about right. I'd probably flip flop the zeagle and scubapro for my use, but not for this use.

Of course I use the Dive Rites.. at least for now.

What about the posideons (bad mispell there, sorry) well not sure about the enviromentally sealed, and maybe the size is wrong for you. Okay and there is the 12 million dollar hoses...

And the uber expensive parts, and the hard to find service, etc. etc..

How about the DS4s? Work horse regs. Nothin' fancy. Easy breathers. Not expensive. Time tested favorites. Sealed. Rebuild? They don't need no stinkin' rebuild! Second stage might not be as tiny as you are lookin' for but the ATXs aren't near as huge as the old TXs.

Back
Top Bottom