Thursday 17th August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
:wave-smil

well done to everyone that is trying to improve their health!!!

so who accepted my challange from last week?? who walked a extra block, took the stairs at least once or parked furthest away from the mall entrance??

me? well ive added a new hill to my nightly walk (effectionately named 'little b******d hill', after 'big b******d hill)

well its been a great week and many thanks for my birthday cheers - its been most overwhelming this year! :sappy:

i took a week off to spend time with hubby and thursday was a special lunch for us to celebrate my birthday. sadly a lobster died for the cause but the waiter assured me he died happy and i must say he was yummy with a splash of lemon.

exhibit a; a happy lobster

lobster2.jpg

exhibit b; my reaction to our lobster arriving with CHIPS on the plate!!
lobster3.jpg

fortunately, the waiter whisked the chips away for extra salad!

friday was chinese dinner with the family and saturday was a seminar on wreck diving (a friend was the lecturer) followed by dinner and i made better choices for all my meals. still saying no to coke and i didnt celebrate with cake/dessert once.

1.1kg or 2.53lbs loss this week!!! Woohooo!!
total loss to date: 29.9kgs or 66lbs!

heheheeh- GOT to tell you! i also received a day spa voucher for my birthday that includes a choc mousse wrap! YES, they wrap you in chocolate mousse!!! OMG! thats just so funny!

OH!! TOTALLY FORGOT to tell you - i had my measurements done today also!!

This Month:
Chest: 4.5cm or 1.7" loss
Waist: 12cm or 4.7" loss
Hips: 4cm or 1.6" loss

Total Loss:
Chest: 19.50cm or 7.6" loss
Waist: 25cm or 9.8" loss
Hips: 16cm or 6.4" loss

Total lost: 60.50cm or 23.8" !!

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE: i challange all of you to at least once to walk to do a errored instead of using the car!! so if you use your car to pop down to the shops to post a letter, pick up the newspaper, drop off the drycleaning or go pick up your lunch at work... walk instead!

so where is everyone??? tell us what you have been up to and how you are doing?

Congrats, almitywife ... YOU ROCK ! Geez ... the poor woman doesn't realize that it's Wednesday 16th August, 2006 ;-)

riguerin:
Geez ... the poor woman doesn't realize that it's Wednesday 16th August, 2006 ;-)
almitywife lives in Oz, it is Thursday the 17th there, just as it is here in China where I live...

almitywife, sounds like you had a fun week :jump: . Great to hear you had another successful week.

I had a very successful week weight-wise, but I wouldn't recommend my method this week...on Saturday night I ate a seadfood salad that must have contained some bad clams or something...during my hour on the treadmill Sunday night my stomach started rumbling...for the next 36 hours I did not stray very far from the toilet (sorry for the gory details)...I weighed when I got home from the gym on Sunday night and again before I went to work on Monday and I lost 5lbs (2.3kgs) during the night.

I made sure to keep hydrated and things have stablized. I'm pretty much back to normal and have an OK appetite. I hope to keep the weight I lost during this episode off.

My update is:

Starting weight: ~370lbs (168.2kgs)
Last week: 314.2lbs (142.8kgs)
This week: 303.8lbs (142.8kgs)
Loss this week: 10.4lbs (4.7kgs)
Total loss todate: 66.2lbs (25.4kgs)

If I can acheive my average weight loss for the coming week (66.2lbs/15 weeks = 4.4), that means sub-300 is just around the corner for me next week :rocker: . However, I'm going to the Philippines this weekend to meet up with 2 good mates and my girlfriend, I'll be very tempted to have a few too many :cheers: or at a bare minimum a bit of wine. I'm going to try not to be excessive, but around these two guys that's difficult, we normally have a really good time together.

Drew

Hi Guys

Well last week I was off work for a week of 'doing nothing', going to the beach, swimming, or sometimes watching the telly...

So every day I made myself do 60mins on the cross trainer and 15mins of weights...

This week (started on Monday) as I have to now get up for work I've had to decrease this to 45mins and 10mins before work (did I tell you I also still have to walk the dogs, have breakfast - and shower ! lol - all before 8:30!)

So I've increased my daily workout by 25mins each day now since June - and almitywife I'm now walking up the 4 flights of stairs to meet my wife every evening after work too!

And yes a loss this week! :jump: yay - after a few weeks of ups and down of not really going anywhere - I'm down to 185.5lb!

Well my first 'club' dive tonight with the regulars at the LDS. I can't wait

Well good luck every one - and thanks to almitywife for this great way of making me keep at it!

I had a great week weight-wise. The 2.5 lbs I had gained back I lost, plus another lb. So I am down 3.5 lbs this week!! Yippee.
Didn't have a great week exercise-wise though. I wasn't feeling that well (my monthly friend, who had thought had forsaken me after 7 months absence, came back with a vengence, sorry for MY gory details:D ) so I have a feeling some of my weight gain had been water retention. I was feeling quite headachy and wiped out. I finally worked out again yesterday, but it was abbreviated. I'm just glad all this happened the week BEFORE I leave for Bonaire.
So I will be gone next week. Have a great one everyone and thank you all for your support. I think we have a great team here.
BTW, my gym started a fitness challend back in June and since the week of June 10, I have lost 8lbs.
And just so you know, in total, since last year, I have lost 35.5 lbs. Albeit, I haven't been consistant. Lot's of cheating going on, but I guess the good thing is, what I gain, I lose again. But I'm really trying to get away from the yo-yo thing.

Sounds like it was a very good week for all!

I'm not sure where I am sitting this week as I wasn't home to use my scale, but I did weigh in on someone else's scale and I was at 216. I'll take that, it was a bad day yesterday in terms of eating, and we went out last night and played some pool, so it really wasn't my usual Wednesday routine!

But, I am feeling good, and I've built on my running, extending the time and upping the speed. My clothes continue to feel loose, and today will be better. I'm only working a few hours, then going to play tennis, visit the art gallery, and off to see Greece at the Imax. A full day all around! Oh yeah, and eat sensibly :D

I should have better results next week!

OK Almity, since you asked before for a picture, and I see that you are attaching things, so this must be fixed, here is a picture of me from back in May, and 10-20 or so pounds heavier!

I lost a pound! Whoo Hoo!!!! Finally I have lost a pound. It feels so good. I have been exercising everyday. My running/jogging is now the main focus of the workout. I just love running! Have cheated a little bit here and there over the week, however, I think with all the running and diving, I was able to compensate.
Started yesterday to do "guy" pushups. Ug. Did 2. I think I found my resistance training tool! My goal is to hit 10 by Thanksgiving. That and to increase my jogging a bit further. Fridays are my "extreme" workout. That is the day I push my self the farthest, fastest. So tomorrow I will add the next street over to my jogging routine. Oh, and I have been diving every day this week.
Major changes next week as I go back to work! (WHoo Hoo! Jenny has a job!!), and I will have to adjust my wakeup time to compensate for my workout and Hermit Crab getting ready for school. We leave the house at 7:20 A.M. Right now I am getting up at 5:45 A.M. so I can exercise.

Congrats on the job Jenny, and the l lb. loss. I am so lucky that I have a gym in my building so I can do my workouts on my lunch hour. I know I will never get up early to do them. And I do go afterwork sometimes, like to take my Pilates class, but I also know I wouldn't do that every day. Besides, the gym is so much emptier during the day.:D

Would love to have a gym to workout at, but since I don't I make do with what I have. Would love to get on some resistance training machines.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom