Oceanic VIPER Fin Launch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
OCEANIC ANNOUNCES LAUNCH OF VIPER FIN

HIGHLY ANTICIPATED NEW PRODUCT NOW AVAILABLE

San Leandro, CA August 16, 2006 – The VIPER Fin is a precision blend of ergonomics, hydrodynamics and materials technology created for ultimate comfort, efficiency and performance. The VIPER blade's flexible Power Thrust Channel creates powerful and efficient propulsion by maximizing water flow over the entire surface area of the blade. The engineered channels and side rails direct water flow off the tips of the fin without allowing water to "spill" from the sides of the blade for uncompromising power and efficiency.

Key Features include:
  • The larger size and the shape of the blade, along with the Power Thrust Channels and Power Vents, create a top-performing paddle fin.
  • While they feature an oversized blade, the VIPER is lighter-weight than any comparable open-heel fin on the market. The high efficiency, maneuverability and lighter-weight make the VIPER a great fin for everyone’s needs.
  • The foot pockets are sized to accommodate dry suit boots and boots with more pronounced soles, as well as standard molded sole boots.
  • Available in three sizes, in three vibrant colors.

The VIPER Fin has an MSRP of US$89.95 and is available from Oceanic’s network of Authorized Dealers throughout the world. More information may be found at: www.OceanicWorldwide.com/p_fins_viper.html

ABOUT OCEANIC:
Oceanic Worldwide is a global leader in the research, development, manufacturing and distribution of high-quality SCUBA diving and snorkeling equipment. Headquartered in San Leandro, California, the company has built a reputation for developing technological innovations that lead the scuba industry into the 21st Century.

For more information visit: www.OceanicWorldwide.com

When do they come to this side of the ocean :huh:

They look nice :D

300bar diver:
When do they come to this side of the ocean :huh:

They look nice :D

They are here, clearing customs last week, shipping this coming week.

Sorry, just say the Netherlands aspect, on that I have no idea....

Ok we will wait,:D I'm glad i got my hands on a VT3 :redbite:
netdoc is wright it's great

Anyone tried them yet?

They look good for the money, my LDS is an oceanic dealer, but doesn't keep that much stock, so if I wanted a pair I would be the first in the shop - and probably my pair would be the 'oooh they're new- lets try them' - even before I get a chance to dive with them! lol - I'm liking the blue ones!

Looks like the same fin as the Aeris Mako. I don't understand the strategy of making the same fin under two brand names. Why isn't there more product differentiation between Aeris and Oceanic?

tankboygreg:
Looks like the same fin as the Aeris Mako. I don't understand the strategy of making the same fin under two brand names. Why isn't there more product differentiation between Aeris and Oceanic?

The only "same" is the foot pocket, the blade design and materials are different, they swim quite different.

Certain products are unique to each line, others not so. Remember there is very little overlap among our dealers that are doing both brands.

Just got my pair of Viper fins (in blue) at the weekend.

Just a quick note to anyone out there considering them - they are great, light, flexible and give a nice thrust!

I'm afriad to say I prefer mares type straps mind, my wife has X-3s and I do like the idea of a 'adjust once' strap. I reckon I can retro-fit a set on the vipers.

But great fins!

I can't wait to try them myself. I am very pleased that manufacturers are starting to consider the needs of traveling divers and making lighter weight gear! Thanks so much!

I am very happy with my Oceanic Versa Pros (2) and Delta 3 Titanium reg, with Swivel Octo. I hear good things about their customer service too, but haven't needed it yet myself.

Thomjinx

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom