Skinguard Fit/Sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo Jay

Registered
Reaction score
Complete novice here with a question on skinguard fit. I'm not sure what size to get --I'm tall and thin, about 6'1"/160. In T-shirts, I normally wear a large t-shirt, which gives me a nice, comfortable, non-clingy drape; medium tees fit me snugly, closer to the way a skinguard should. So, should I buy a large skinguard and expect it to have the right cling fit, or would I be better off with a Medium? Thanks.

I think that's going to be tough one to answer.. anyway you can get with the manufacturer about their size charts.. just my opinion but I think you'll be needing the large... I think the medium would eventually bust at the seams and crunch your crotch because of your height. maybe you even have to consider x-large.

Leo Jay:
Complete novice here with a question on skinguard fit. I'm not sure what size to get --I'm tall and thin, about 6'1"/160. In T-shirts, I normally wear a large t-shirt, which gives me a nice, comfortable, non-clingy drape; medium tees fit me snugly, closer to the way a skinguard should. So, should I buy a large skinguard and expect it to have the right cling fit, or would I be better off with a Medium? Thanks.

Yes, definately get w/the manufacturing size chart, but to give you something to go on, hubby & I just bought the Henderson Polyfin (something..don't remember the whole name) & he is 5'9 and weighs about 170. The large fit him perfectly.

Now, on the other hand I went by the manufactures sizing chart & must have gained weight, mine was too small. Had to return it & get the next size up. Granted on the sizing chart I was inbetween the extra small & the small. Guess, I was just hoping to fit into the extra small. If your inbetween sizes on the size chart, order the next size up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom