Tekna 2100B

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jscubadive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I recently bought a Tekna 2100B and was wondering if anybody services these and can get parts for them. I realize Tekna was bought or went under in 1990 but maybe somebody still has parts. Thanks, James

I see stuff on eBay pretty regularly. Mostly housing pieces. There's also these guys in Fl, don't know anything about them: http://www.dpvrepair.com/

Actually no. Service mauals show up on ebay and occasionally a part or two and they are usually snapped up by the few of us out there that appreciate the most "modern" regulator ever marketed. I have a bunch of them and have been using them since I first saw one circa 1978. I am somewhat of an expert on them in lieu of the fact that only a few people still use them I also figure they are experts also.

Do you have the "B" model or the "BX" model? The first stage is a ScubaPro clone and it was used on numerous regulators including many Oceanic regulators such as the Omega and some others so parts are not a problem for it but the second stage--well--yeah. The two things I have found go bad on them are the tilt valve seal and the main second stage primary flow diaphram.

I have been 235 feet on the T2100 which was the all metal version prior to the T2100B. Ask me what you like, if I can I will help you but I am just about out of parts and well---it makes me sad. N

Nemrod:
Actually no. Service mauals show up on ebay and occasionally a part or two and they are usually snapped up by the few of us out there that appreciate the most "modern" regulator ever marketed. I have a bunch of them and have been using them since I first saw one circa 1978. I am somewhat of an expert on them in lieu of the fact that only a few people still use them I also figure they are experts also.

Do you have the "B" model or the "BX" model? The first stage is a ScubaPro clone and it was used on numerous regulators including many Oceanic regulators such as the Omega and some others so parts are not a problem for it but the second stage--well--yeah. The two things I have found go bad on them are the tilt valve seal and the main second stage primary flow diaphram.

I have been 235 feet on the T2100 which was the all metal version prior to the T2100B. Ask me what you like, if I can I will help you but I am just about out of parts and well---it makes me sad. N

Hi Nemrod,

And thanks for responding. I have the Tekna 2100B and can tell the first stage is old since it still has the 3/8" HP ports on them. I bought a manual on the 2100/2100B/2100BX first and second stages and have looked through that. I am definitely not a technician though. The first stage looks rather corroded so I bought a new first stage which looks like a clone and hoping when I get that that works ok. What is the intermediate pressure on the Tekna first stage? I will keep in mind those problems with the second stage.

I bought a new 2100BX in 1991 but then sold and never had a chance to dive with before I got out of diving for at the time health reasons so I was unable to see how this works, previously I used a G250 which was great. When I got back in 1999 for a short time I used a Seac Sub 1000 which seemed ok for my diving profile except when deep.

Thanks,

James

Oops, my bad, I thought you were talking about a scooter...Probably doesn't help that the last thread I read b4 posting was about a Tekna scooter. So disregard my post.

Back
Top Bottom