Seac Sub 1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jscubadive

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Back in 1999 I bought a new Seac Sub 1000, not sure if that was a Sorius 1000 which they currently make but at 100' the thing seemed to stop breathing. I had never been that deep before and my buddy just thinks I was narced out but still think there was something with the regulator going on. When I went up to about 80' I was ok. I did make a second dive to 100' about a month later but did not experience this problem as I recall but might have had some harder resistance to breathing I just can not remember. The Sorius is a unbalanced piston first stage and I believe my 1000 was also and might be have a Sorius. Just would like opinions or experiences with this regulator.

Thanks, James

Hi there James

I have a Sorius 1000 as an extra. I've done a couple of dives to around 35m with it. Works fine. It is a bit harder to breath than my other regs but I have no problem using it on any dive. Being a piston first stage there isn't much that can go wrong...... maybe your friend is right.....Yokes

Enjoy
Herman(South Africa)

As you said the seac sub 1000 is a unbalanced piston,these will breath harder
when you go deeper,this comes with the system.
The seac sub sorius is a balanced diaphram,and will not have this problem.
This said try to lose these regs, the are not build to last very long,i've seen very
many of these regs in my workshop.All the older ones(5years and up)needed a
complete rebuild to get them (close) up to specs.normal standard service did not
do the trick.:(
Please go buy your self a safe reg.:D

300bar diver:
As you said the seac sub 1000 is a unbalanced piston,these will breath harder
when you go deeper,this comes with the system.
The seac sub sorius is a balanced diaphram,and will not have this problem.
This said try to lose these regs, the are not build to last very long,i've seen very
many of these regs in my workshop.All the older ones(5years and up)needed a
complete rebuild to get them (close) up to specs.normal standard service did not
do the trick.:(
Please go buy your self a safe reg.:D

Hi,

That one worked fine in 1999 but of course I had bought it new and used about a year and a half then got out of diving so dumped all my gear back then so I guess maybe I was narked out like my buddy said. For now I am after something cheap as I am on a strict budget right now. Will keep my dives above 100' so any suggestions on a good dependable regulator for that would be great. I did dive with my buddy recently and used his Genesis. And also I bought a used Tekna 2100B just the other day but might not trust it because of the age but heard the Teknas were good regs for their time.

James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom