SWIV - separate compass & depth from pressure

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew Richardson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have SWIV console. I am very interested in moving to wrist mount for compass and depth. I have been told I can buy rubber wrist staps. I have also read the instruction manual about dismantling the console.

Question - do I have to do anything special to the pressure to use it without the console? Are is there anything else I should be aware of?

Andrew Richardson:
I have SWIV console. I am very interested in moving to wrist mount for compass and depth. I have been told I can buy rubber wrist staps. I have also read the instruction manual about dismantling the console.

Question - do I have to do anything special to the pressure to use it without the console? Are is there anything else I should be aware of?

It's pretty strait forward, some like to use a boot on the SPG, some leave it off.

PM me if I can help at all.

Best,

Chris Richardson

PS- Related??:huh:

Andrew Richardson:

Hi Andrew,

You may want to consider getting a compass clip mount on a retractor and attach that to your BCD. That way you won't look like an underwater watch saleman. When you separate the Swiv console you will find that the submersible pressure gauge is already in a boot. I suggest keeping it in the boot to at least give it the protection that the boot offers. When you go to your Local Dive Store let them know that you want to convert your depth gauge and/or compass to wrist mounts because converting these are more than just straps you will need the the wrist boots for them.
There are two different wrist boots that oceanic offers for the compass. Make sure you order the boot (or clip boot if you want it on your BCD) for the Swiv compass not the slimline. Keep the leftover pieces from the console for when you get your computer. The veo 100nx, veo 180 and Veo 250 fit in the same hole where the depth gauge goes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom