Oceanlog 2.1 error

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisMSD

Registered
Reaction score
I downloaded the latest Oceanic software 2.1. I sent my dive info from dive computer to PC. When I run the Oceanlog software, choose a dive, and click DIVE DETAILS, the program closes and gives me a Run-time error "380", Invalid property value.
I emailed this problem to Oceanic at the end of June 06 and they said "We'll get back to you shortly." Well its a month and a half later and this ain't shortly. Any one else get this error?

ChrisMSD

:snorkels:

Did you get any answer? I have just installed current version and getting run time error when downloading.

No, no answer. I finally loaded the latest version and have other problems which they can't bother to answer either.

The Oceanic guys have been pretty good so far...I know it's a pain when something doesn't work...and I'm having my own Oceanlog error (there's another post) but let's not forget that the work week is over and were in the middle of a holiday weekend.

My money is on you getting an answer on Tuesday. Me, too.

Doug, any update on this and the other Oceanlog errors reported here?

Rick Cockroft from Oceanic got back to me suggesting solutions on several occassions to no avail.

However I had one last go with my problem. I was not able to download from my Pro Plus 2. Active X error shut the program down when attempting to download. The USB lead was recognised.

I had downloaded the latest .exe off the website including the patch three times. Same problem.

Finally I tried one last thing... I uninstalled and installed the .exe that came with the CD. Ver 2.1.2. (same as on the website). It works including using the patch from the website.:D

I suspect the file on the website is corrupt or in downloading the file has been corrupted.

Initially, I was getting some type of error, like what you described, and I tried downloading and reinstalling it again and it fixed that problem.

But I still have a couple other problems and no one from Oceanic is helping. I really thought that I would have at least gotten a reply by now.

I guess you were contacted offline since there isn't any indication here...which is too bad for other people like me who might have benefited from the interaction.

Up until now, Oceanic's support here at Scubaboard has been very good...

NJ Mike,

After reading some past posts I thought you had been getting helped. The software issues are not my forte' but I will contact Doug Krause this morning and have him get with you. Sorry for the delay.

Regards,
Darryl

NJMike:
But I still have a couple other problems and no one from Oceanic is helping. I really thought that I would have at least gotten a reply by now.

NJMike,

I am documenting all reports from this and several other related threads and forwarding them on to the development group. They are working on various projects - including addressing as many items as possible for the next release. There have no doubt been specific problems that deserved a specific response - my apologies if I have been able to provide that.

I have looked through all of your previous posts and am unable to find any specific problems that you are having - please let me know what items you are referring to, I'll do my best to get answers.

If you or anyone else is experiencing a specific error message - or anything that you would consider an operational "bug" as opposed to a "feature enhancement", you may also contact our technical support staff:

Ron Landess - rlandess@oceanicusa.com - (800) 435-3483, ext. 226
Mark Lane - mlane@oceanicusa.com - ext. 128
Rick Cockroft - rcockroft@oceanicusa.com - ext. 228

Back
Top Bottom