ordering from leisure pro.com

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crunch@

Reaction score
lake ozark missouri, the worst place to dive in th
# of dives
25 - 49
i have been pricing bc reg octo and basic console at leisure pro and it looks like i can find everything for 400 dollars, names like sherwood cressi dacor, name brand stuff. it seems very very inexpensive is it legit or am i going to be surprised? any info would be great thanks

I have purchased from leisure Pro by showing up onsite (I live 15 miles away) and found them very helpful. Don't know about warranties but I would ask that question before I buy.

Leisure Pro is an authorized seller for some things, not for others. Understand the difference and make your choice. Some things I don't really care about a warranty on. Mask, fins, consumables. Some things I'd probably care, like regs. BC is hit or miss for me. If I was wearing a recreational BC, I'd want a warranty. With mine, I don't care so much.

Just understand what you're buying and you should be ok. I just bought something from LP last month. Works fine. No warranty

crunch@:
i have been pricing bc reg octo and basic console at leisure pro and it looks like i can find everything for 400 dollars, names like sherwood cressi dacor, name brand stuff. it seems very very inexpensive is it legit or am i going to be surprised? any info would be great thanks
You will not be surprised. The brands you mentioned all sell directly to LP-some may not admit it. You are completly covered.

I have heard the same thing from several people about warranty problems with Leisure Pro and I must admit that I am a bit skeptical when I see a Legend on there site selling for $350...I think they retail for close to $600...

mdb:
You will not be surprised. The brands you mentioned all sell directly to LP-some may not admit it. You are completly covered.

I may have to quote this post many times from here on out. BTW, if you haven't looked at the occupation of the above poster, it's: President, Apollo Sports USA, INC. He is "The Man." One of my Scuba Board pet peaves is posters that staunchly defend the "Man" as being innocent in this discussion. I hate it when people say stuff like, "Scuba Pro (insert your favorite man.) wants me to sell at this price to protect me!" LOL!!! Thanks for your honesty as usual mdb.:wink:

I have purchased many times from LP. EVERY TIME this topic comes up, I have to clarify that LP items that aren't "authorized" still DO come with a warranty. LP offers a warranty equal to what the "Man" would offer BUT you have to deal DIRECTLY with LP to get warranty service, NOT the "Man." This may or may not be something you are willing to do, depending on where you live and how long you can go without your gear. Some will argue that you should just buy two of everything from LP for the same price that your LDS sells it for and then you don't have to worry about the time it will take. Now if you are lucky to have agreat LDS that you feel comfy at, then why not give them a chance to compete. That may be worth it to you, or not.

BTW, I even get my regs service annually at LP for three years now, and they do a fine job and all for $39.99. Can't beat that! I also live in NYC so LP is somewhat of a LDS for me. Maybe not for you, so there ya go.

Basically what will happen here is MANY LP haters will now tell you NOT to buy from LP. Most can't give a great reason. Some will give you strange and incomplete stories that border on slander and heresay. Most of these people, you will find, are affilliated with a LDS, and therefore can't give you a balanced opinion. Most of these people have never visted LP and don't even realize that they have a store front. In the end, you can't blame people affiliated with LDS's for defending themselves and trying to protect what they love, as long as they don't slander and lash out for no good reason. They do sometimes forget that LP is a business and not an evil dragon, lol.

All that said, if you shop around, you will find that many LDS's will match LP prices. That's a win win situation for the both of you. Do your research, decide what you might like to buy and how much you can spend, and then visit some shops and ask them to price match or get close if they have what you want. If not, some LDS's also have an internet store (Scuba Toys and others) and are a great option as well. They offer authorized at internet prices. There you have it. Good night and good luck.

BTW, this board SUCKS lately! Maybe as bad as SD.com! What is this deal?

I have had nothing but good results dealing with LP on accessory items, including some exchanges and outright returns.

As for big ticket "critical" gear they are known for often not being factory authorized and providing their own in house warranty, whatever that means. Since a lot of gear comes to them from the secondary sources it may arrive without OEM packaging or with a manual in another language. If you go that route ask a lot of questions and hold them to deliver as promissed.

Pete

No problems with LP here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom