Fair price for a service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

victor

Contributor
Reaction score
What is a fair price for a service, first stage, primary and octo? :confused:

The nearest LDS is going to charge me £80 to £100 for a service ($145 to $190).

victor:
What is a fair price for a service, first stage, primary and octo? :confused:

The nearest LDS is going to charge me £80 to £100 for a service ($145 to $190).

That seems a little steep, unless it includes parts and services like O2 cleaning.

Terry

Who knows overseas... The highest price that I have seen is $160 including the parts, not O2 cleaning. I had better get the entry level reg. every year. LOL~~~

Most shops I've dealt with charge $15-20/stage plus parts. That's $45-60. I've seen an increase in the parts charges, but not that much. I'd shop around. You might even find somewhere in the US that can beat that price even with shipping. Especially the $190 price!

No UK responses, don't we get our regs serviced here?

Why not post your question in the UK forum?

£80 is about the norm for most LDS's to do a complete reg set. Why do you think alot of us only do it every 2-3 years? We don't get free parts in the UK ( with the possible exception of Oceanic).

Some independants charge less, maybe £45 for the 3 items (depending on make).

Dive Equipe (Pete Church?) is midlands based, but I've not used him. Try a search on the yorkshire-divers forum.

Regards :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom