Scubapro Customer Service

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajay

Contributor
Reaction score
I sent Scubapro an email on 8-17-06 requesting information on their Aladin Prime computer and they still have not gotten back to me. Has anybody had any issues with this company not returning emails or their customer service dept. I would have called but their website does not have a telephone number listed.

If you like their products enough to accept HORRIBLE customer service then go with ScubaPro. I have Mk25/S600 regulators, Uwatec Aladin AirZ computers, Aladin Tec computers, Air2's... the list goes on. I hate the way they treat their own dealers as well as their direct consumers but I buy their products because I think they are some of the best. I have an old Uwatec computer that needs the "free batteries for life" and they just told me sorry they no longer service the computer I have but I can send it in with a check for $400 and they will send me a new computer with a 2 year warranty... and get this... "batteries for life". I can't even believe the guy on the phone had the balls to tell me that.

By the way... I also work at a SP authorized dealer so they obviously don't give special treatment to anyone.

Oh, and I forgot to mention one thing... I have the Aladin Tec and think it is a great backup computer... except they have a problem with some of the units killing the batteries very quickly. My last two batteries only lasted 25-30 dives each and they should last 200-300 dives! They are aware of the problem and the new ones should be corrected.

I have an Aladdin Prime that had a scratched cover. It was so bad I couldn't read the display... I sent ScubaPro an email asking them where I could buy one, and they sent me one for free.... I'm also having the battery drain problem, though, and my LDS is sending mine back asking for a replacement... we'll see what happens.

I understand that Uwatec has great top of the line products but Im big on customer service. So far Scubapro and company have not shown that they want my business. I'll give them a couple of more days.

I sent in my uwatec console computer back when it leaked oil. I was quoted a scary amount of time. To my suprise a new computer came back in two weeks. All under warranty. No hassel. Customer service was great for me.

My local LDS is a Scubapro dealer.

After meeting the Scubapro representative one day, I told the LDS owner that the guy was beyond an idiot - he was just plain stupid.

The answer back was - And we like it that way.....

scubajay,

How long have you been waiting for a reply? I know that sometimes email doesn't make it (to anywhere it's intended to go)... why don't you give them another 'shout'?

Let me know what / when you find out....

Dave

I have had warramte service - ordered replacement parts for stuff I bought on EBAY and exchanged stuff for up-grade and in all cases was treated great. They don't appear to be any slower then the other companies I have delt with on mail - off repair service.........

That's just my opion I could be wrong.

Howie

Back
Top Bottom