Oceanic computer function

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamas

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if something like this could be done for a long time but never saw any manufacturer to do it.

Most dive computer, including those by Oceanic, have a setting for metric and imperial measurements, ie: oC/m/BAR or oF/ft/psi.

BUT as we all know Canadian divers are known to mix-match dimension as we see fit, for example you know you are diving with a Canadian when the air/water temp is in Celsius but the depth of the water is in feet. (no joke, pay attention next time)

SO here is the question, is there a way to individually select the measurements in the dive computer. I know the current models do not have this feature, but perhaps a S/W upgrade or the new models would allow for this?

In short, I would like my computer to display the water/air temperature in Celsius, measure the depth in feet and the pressure in psi.

I know you might think I am crazy and eccentric, but when it comes to temps F means nothing whereas the other metric figures make perfect sense.

Tamas:
I know you might think I am crazy and eccentric, but when it comes to temps F means nothing whereas the other metric figures make perfect sense.

Did you mean imperial?

O please join the metric world :chicken:

Well lets see, I'm actually a Canadian...

I have no idea on th epractical aspect sof the programing but will run it by the people that do if this is indeed possible.

I'm not making any promises here!

Best,

Chris

300bar diver:
O please join the metric world :chicken:
I grew up on/in the metric system, hence I am having problems with the F converions. I dive in Ft/psi because 99% of the N/A divers work that way....frankly BAR/Meters makes a lot more sense...but what the hey!

cerich:
Well lets see, I'm actually a Canadian...

I have no idea on th epractical aspect sof the programing but will run it by the people that do if this is indeed possible.

I'm not making any promises here!

Best,

Chris

Thanks Chris, mentioned it to Ron as well.....let's see if it can happen.

Tamas, I have always thought about this. I would love to have such a functionality in my Atom 1.0. I use centigrade for measuring temperature since I am used to metric but I would prefer to monitor my depth in feet so that I can be more accurate in maintaining safety stops, ceilings etc.
I have a similar problem with my Polar heart rate monitor that I use for running.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom