Need a good mechanic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I took my car into Servco today and was quite unhappy with the Service Writer.

Does anyone know a good Toyota mechanic/shop? I'm looking for honest because I don't know anything about cars . . . .

What kind of problem are you having with the car?

I'm not having a problem per se. I think I need a brake job but I don't want it done if I don't.

Also, I just would like to have a shop I can rely on.

Do it yourself? Disc brakes are really easy, drum brakes aren't that hard.

THE best auto mechanic I ever found anywhere was Rod at Rod's Auto Repair at 972 Kawaihao Street. He kept my all my stuff running, and I had some problems with my giant van that defied logic.
He is fair, a great guy, and a terrific mechanic.
Go anywhere elese at your own risk.
Rod's at: 593-9725
He might not remember me but I bet he still has nightmares about the giant green van.

My neighbor Vance is the best, most honest auto mechanic I've ever found and also the least expensive. (He is also an outstanding finish carpenter, also about the least expensive.) We're just a few blocks from Lincoln & Washington.

ItsBruce:
My neighbor Vance is the best, most honest auto mechanic I've ever found and also the least expensive. (He is also an outstanding finish carpenter, also about the least expensive.) We're just a few blocks from Lincoln & Washington.

I'll ship my car right over to him.

30 years in the automotive business. I was (at one time) an ASE Master Auto Technician as well as a Master Truck Technician. I have a little advice.

Interview your potential mechanic/shop. Tell them what you are looking for and see if they are willing to provide that level of service. If you want simple but thorough explanations, make that a part of your deal. If you want to do all of the Preventive Maintenance stuff: tell them that as well.

For a good test, ask them to examine your brakes BEFORE you think you need them. See what they reccomend. It might be a nice surprise. It often was in my shop.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom