Thursday 24th August, 2006 - Weighin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

almitywife

Vegemite Mod
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Morning Team SB!!

had a good week by trying on a skirt I bought about a month ago (that didn’t fit then) and it now fits!! Not only does it fit but its actually a little bit loose so im hoping I get a bit of wear out of it!

But – its was weighin day and I always wear the same thing on weighin day!!!

So what did I do..… I got my food scales out and weighed the new skirt and the usual skirt I wear! A little too obsessive my hubby was saying – but he just doesn’t understand I told him. Whew – new skirt weights about 30gms more than old so im wore it to my weighin.

Yes – im an idiot at times!

More good news was hobby’s home weighin – he lost 1.3kgs for the week and you can see it on his clothes these days, he’s going to need new jeans soon I reckon.

My weighing today – 1.6kgs or 3.5lbs gone!!! thats 31.5kgs or 69.5lbs in total!

Woohooo – im so happy that I had another good week! Its not easy when everywhere you go there is a food outlet or a smell or advertising or going past a drivethru but hubby and i held strong!

hope everyone is doing well and staying strong!

oh, just remembered... on the weekend i did a bit of shopping for some new bras for the twins. still a DD thankfully but have gone down in size. i chose the more expensive style as i just liked the look ofit and hubby took notice this morning (which is always good!) and suggested i buy a few more!

El, have you been to yoga like you promised?? (yes im nagging you). did anyone do a errand and didnt take the car?? i walked to the train station and back on Friday so who else met the challenge???

this weeks challenge;... to try a form of exercise not done before... go to the sports store and test out a rowing machine for 5 mins or if going for a walk strap on some ankle weight or take hand weights for the first time or go to the local swimming centre for 10 laps (even if you walk them) or push ups.. i think i will try to do 5 pushups correctly and without stopping!

reading last weeks thread was filled with positive attitudes, hard work and deserving results... we are all doing so amazing!!! lets keep that great feeling going!

SO - where is everyone and what have you got to tell us???

Nothing much to tell other than I've gone to the gym twice and will be going again tomorrow...

almitywife:

My weighing today – 1.6kgs or 3.5lbs gone!!! thats 31.5kgs or 69.5lbs in total!

Woohooo – im so happy that I had another good week! Its not easy when everywhere you go there is a food outlet or a smell or advertising or going past a drivethru but hubby and i held strong!

Well firstly Almitywife - Congrats!

You are losing weight constaintly every week - which is really, really good!

This week I'm 185.7lb so only 0.2 more than last week, however last sunday I was down to 183.5lb!! :D so somewhere this week I've added 2lbs...I've had to go to work early two days this week so haven't been able to do my normal morning route :shakehead

Well I took up your challenge on Sunday! - maybe a little too far!, I got up early and instead of doing 60mins on the cross trainer I did 30mins jogging/running. It was the first time in human history that anyone has seen this guy run in public. I did a total of 7km!!!! I couldn't believe it was that far when I redid the route on my motorbike! - And I only stopped a couple of times to get my breath!

BUT - Boy was it hard work and it wasn't kind on the knees...my heart rate was probably in the high 150's too! when I got back home I had some water, regained a slightly more heathly heart rate and did a further 45mins on the cross trainer - man I felt good!

Weight training is coming on well too - been a good week, shame I didn't lose anything, my trousers are feeling too big, so something is happening!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you!

:god: Almity, you amaze me. You consistently get great results! I admire your commitment. Congrats, girl!

:clapping: El, glad to see your making it to the gym. I think exercise is more important than diet.

:wink: Trickster, you and I have the same weight goal only you are 10 lbs closer. Keep up the good work and don't push yourself too hard!

3 lbs. for me! :monkeydan :monkeydan :monkeydan

Oh how I love to see the downward movement of the scale :D ! I've even made plans to join a Scubaboard function at Ginnie Springs near the end of October. It's another goal I can work on losing weight for. Let's say, another 20lbs, maybe :blinking: .

So how about everyone else :huh:

I am at the same weight again. sigh. These plateaus are bugging me. I really worked out hard last week, and did a lot of diving. This week with the new job, and a new schedule, I still managed to get up every morning and do some exercise. I already started with the weight training. Borrowed a couple 10lb. barbells to do some stuff. I don't think I am pushing myself hard enough. I am thinking of getting a DVD of exercises, maybe some resistance training stuff. I don't like doing aerobic videos, as I get so frustrated when I can't work on the proper steps. Grrrhhh..
Regardless, the two pairs of pants that I have recently bought are getting loose on me. So, I must be doing something right!!

Scuba_Jenny:
...the two pairs of pants that I have recently bought are getting loose on me. So, I must be doing something right!!

EXACTLY!!!!

Remember! with weigh loss comes extra energy, with extra energy comes a bit of exercise, with exercises comes burning fat into muscle - and muscle weighs MORE than fat so DONT DESPAIR!!! if the scales arent telling you want you hope to see - look for the other subtle signs... looser clothes is the winner!!!

wooohooo to all of us!!! we are all amazing! Ginnie Springs in Oct sounds like a winner of a idea! we will need lots of photos you know! Well done on hitting the gym El... i look forward to you giving up the coke for a week as promised. Trickster.. remember to take some bus money next time you hit the pavement :eyebrow: but please be careful and Jenny - i have been told by many a mof that you are looking mighty fine lately so keep up the motivation!!!

remember, even if you havent had a great week you gotta share with us so we cal all learn from the curves and pitfalls in getting healthier! we are missing some people - where are our SB Challangers???

well done crew - we are all doing a great job!!

Exactly Almity, muscle is leaner, so will make t\you feel more trim, but is more dense and weighs more than fat, so plateaus and even small weight gains may happen from time to time.

And good on you all for the weight loss and positive movements towards a healthier lifestyle. I'm pretty happy this week, even though I am still sitting at 216. I was really bad last week, going out for dinner Thursday, Friady and Saturday, including a big lobsterfest on Saturday, and desert all three days (two of them cheesecake!) We are headed out of town this weekend, so it should be a bit better, although no diving is planned :(

So keep it up, and I'm looking forward to some excellent results.

And Almity, I even posted a picture of myself as per your request, and you didn't even comment! I'm so hurt, hahahahaha!

Have a good weekend all!

Back
Top Bottom