Vplanner gas use question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Texass

Reaction score
I'm checking out the shareware of Vplanner. When I run a profile it shows what I assume is the amount of gas used for that particular dive. What SAC rate is this based on? Is there a way to configure it to use my SAC rate?

Also how do I plot stops. I'm using Rec profiles of 100 - 130' and would like to add the 80% stop and extend some of the deeper stops to compare. What I'm seeing now is like a 30 second stop at 40' and and then 15 minutes of gradually longer stops at 30, 20 & 10'.

Thanks

Texass once bubbled...
I'm checking out the shareware of Vplanner. When I run a profile it shows what I assume is the amount of gas used for that particular dive. What SAC rate is this based on? Is there a way to configure it to use my SAC rate?

Also how do I plot stops. I'm using Rec profiles of 100 - 130' and would like to add the 80% stop and extend some of the deeper stops to compare. What I'm seeing now is like a 30 second stop at 40' and and then 15 minutes of gradually longer stops at 30, 20 & 10'.

Thanks

Take some time to play with the program and use the help feature if you need it. I believe the default SAC rate is .7 cubic ft/min. If you go into the Config. screen you can change your settings.

Also, beside the window for your depth/time/ bottom gas, there's a window for your deco gases. You can add any deco gas you wish to use, and add it to your profile.

I hope I've been some help. The biggest thing is to familiarize yourself with the program before diving with it. Also, it doesn't hurt to compare the profiles that you burn with another planning software. I normally compare mine against profiles from GAP and the old z-planner, just to see where the differences are for a given dive.

Cheers mate,
Al.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom