Farewell to Pluto... Sniff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
No, not the Walt Disney cartoon character... our dearly beloved 9th planet has finally been demoted from the ranks of the mighty ones. As a former astronomy teacher, I mourn this and have great concern as to the effect this demotion will have on my former astronomy students from 30 years ago. They may now question everything I taught them (and of course much of what I taught them in the 70's is no longer valid!).

Bill,

Hopefully as the wonderful instructor you were, you taught your students to ALWAYS question you! :D

So is he no longer a "Mod Planet"? Is he now just another "Solar System User"? Is he posting about how unfair those who demoted are? Just curious. :D

Previous mnemonic: My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas.
Proposed mnemonics: My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Narcotics? That won't fly... Nothing? That doesn't make any sense... Nitrox? You don't really serve Nitrox... Crap, now how will I remember?!?

Sandbar:
Previous mnemonic: My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Nine Pizzas.
Proposed mnemonics: My Very Educated Mother Just Served Us Narcotics? That won't fly... Nothing? That doesn't make any sense... Nitrox? You don't really serve Nitrox... Crap, now how will I remember?!?

Nachos!

I think it's kind of cool. Shows kids that science is a constantly evolving process and not stupid statistics.
And twenty years from now our text books will be amusing showing 9 planets.

And I like nachos....

bassird Pluto was never a planet!

i'm glad he got dissed...

good riddance, SUCKER!

but what planet is going to take over pluto's former job as ruler of scorpio? am i now rulerless? heck yeah, anarchy! woo hoo!

no, really - never mind astronomers, what are astrologers gonna do??

So a group of underemployed stargazers had nothing better to do with their overabundance of spare time...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom