Retaining water

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NC_LandShark

Registered
Reaction score
Whoever designed the Oceanic Probe wasn't thinking all that clearly, IMHO.

It has these nice big pockets on the front that have zippers on the top. The insides of the pockets are coated with something, no doubt to protect them from punctures...but...they basically made them water tight on the bottom. What this means is when I climb out of the water, there's two big pockets full of water. The only way to drain them, is to lean forward enough that the water runs out of the zipper.

If Oceanic is designing some new BC's....put drain holes in the bottom of the pockets...

David C.

Can be be clear here on which Probe BCD? The Probe or the Probe LX? The Probe LX is the current unit.

NC_LandShark:
If Oceanic is designing some new BC's....put drain holes in the bottom of the pockets...

David C.

Trust me we are, and we are.

cerich:
Can be be clear here on which Probe BCD? The Probe or the Probe LX? The Probe LX is the current unit.

It's the Probe QLR, the one with only 1 shoulder D ring on the right, none on the left. I bought it in September 2005.

NC_LandShark:
It's the Probe QLR, the one with only 1 shoulder D ring on the right, none on the left. I bought it in September 2005.

That model has been discontinued and replaced with the Probe LX which does have mesh for draining.

Best,

Chris

cerich:
That model has been discontinued and replaced with the Probe LX which does have mesh for draining.

Best,

Chris

Guess I bought it a few months too early then :( But good to hear you fixed the problem in later models.

NC_LandShark:
Guess I bought it a few months too early then :( But good to hear you fixed the problem in later models.

I'm really sorry about that...:(

cerich:

Best,

Chris

This seems to be a trend, Much like the Flagship VTpro, and I'm on my second one and still waiting to hear what can be done.

I bought the top of the line model thinking I would get a lasting quality.

I also own the out dated Probe, The Oceanic bcd with the slide rails (For my wife)
And I got my 11 year old nephew Atmos II.

Now I'm questioning my decisions

Mafiaman,

Check your PM's. The only trend is that we bend over backwards to assit.

Best,

Chris

Mafiaman:
This seems to be a trend, Much like the Flagship VTpro, and I'm on my second one and still waiting to hear what can be done.

I bought the top of the line model thinking I would get a lasting quality.

I also own the out dated Probe, The Oceanic bcd with the slide rails (For my wife)
And I got my 11 year old nephew Atmos II.

Now I'm questioning my decisions

Back
Top Bottom