Finding stuff...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jasondcrawford

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
It seems that I've met a couple people who would always go to places like the Salt River to scuba, and come home with a few nice pair of sunglasses and even a couple of watches... anyone know much about this? Any info would be great, cause that's about as close to 'treasure hunting' as you can get in this neck o' the woods.

I haven't done it yet, but I've heard the same thing. Best time of year to do this is after Spring Break. You need shore support because it is a drift dive. Probably also safer to do this during the week to avoid weekend tubers and other potential victims. :D

I would think maybe after Labor Day- then you have a whole summer of goodies to collect. We should plan something like this for a Scubaboard get-together!

Not a bad idea, but I think you'd only find a couple weeks worth of stuff. The current is going to bury a lot of what hasn't already been found. A Salt River get together is a good idea! We could trade off diving and shore support. It will have to wait until October for me, though. I've got a full schedule in September.

its a swift water dive, you need to check on the water flow [release], you are best to get some-one that has done it before to join you.

depending on where and when it can be as shallow as 12 inches, and there are some spots that are deeper than the average depth but viz is so bad you can't read guage, as I said before find a buddy that has done that dive before, I know that the El Mar staff worked a clean up there

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom