Scuba Sale at Saguaro Sports

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

booth22

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Just a heads up for anyone who is looking to pick up some goodies...

Saguaro Sports is having their twice a year tent sale... They sell of the past years rental gear as well as anything else you need. Everything is at least 15% off in the store, with a good bit of stuff more than that- 25-75% says the flyer. (FWIW they price match as well) We've gone in the past and found some really good deals- good time to get tanks or pick up a spare reg set. (And/or get your tanks filled for free)

They also have food and it's a good place to meet some local divers and ask why they never go to Lake Pleasant! The sale is Sept. 30th from 10-6 (food from 11-6) They're off the 60 at Stapley in Mesa.

(Nope, I don't work there- just passing along the info)

Thanks for the heads up... I'll be sure to check it out, as I don't have any gear to call my own. With that said, is there anything wrong with getting 2nd hand gear that has been properly cared for? I mean, when I've gone diving in the past, it was always with rental gear and it seemed fine.

As long as you have it checked out before you dive it I don't know of any reason why not? They use rental gear a year or less and then sell it at these sales so it doesn't have much wear at all. If you're serious about getting one of the rental sets swing in to the store prior to the sale and check out the gear. In the past you've been able to "reserve" some gear you want to purchase ahead of time. They'll set it aside for you and then you can come by the day of the sale and get it at the low price. Any questions pm me.

No problems with using 2nd hand gear. You can get decent deals by buying rental gear, especially gear that's only used for a year. And usually it's already serviced so you don't have to do anything with it for another year. It's the shops that don't sell their rental gear after a year or 2 of use that worry me. I've seen that and there's almost always something going wrong with the gear when it goes out.

I've spent a lot of $$$ buying the used gear at Saguaro and have NEVER had or heard of any issues there. My buddy picked up a full set-up with computer, regs, etc and loved it. They have great deals. They sell mostly Sherwood and Akona.

Ditto's on the dive equipment... I got all my gear there and it was all second hand, rental...saved a bundle and I have never had an issue with it at all!!! Justin is 100% correct... Hi Justin!!!! :)

So Saguaro maintains its rental equipment well? Are the shop people good at answering questions and making recommendations even with the hustle and bustle of the tent sale? I'm just wondering, as I'd like to venture into my first gear, and I was thinking that good condition used may be a good course until I get out of grad. school and get more diving in. However, while I've been researching myself, I think I'd like to purchase with recommendation/assistance.

Namabiru, they use the rental gear less than a year since they have two tent sales a year and most of the hustle and bustle is from usual customers who know what they're looking for. I just noticed you're from Tucson, otherwise I'd say you could go in before the sale to look at the gear and even have them set aside certain items if you know what you want. (you can still do that, if you don't mind the drive) Justin's right, mostly Sherwood and Akona gear, but you'll find Genesis, Oceanic and DiveRite BC's as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom