Any Gavin owners here?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WreckWriter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I finally got my Gavin last, short body HDPE "wreck version". I'd love to hear any tips from other owners. Maybe things you wish someone had told you before....

Tom

WreckWriter,
What influenced your descision to purchase a Gavin over a Silent Submersion. So far I"ve been leaning more toward the Silent Submersion because they dont reuse the crappy handles that came with the Mako and PA is closer to NY then FL. Basically the same unit.

most of my buddies have them and are pleased with them. Also George is local to me and if I have trouble all I have to do is go to his house for help.

Tom

I would keep around a volt/ohms meter - useful for setting the trigger and checking batteries. Also have some heavy stainless steel fishing leader to fix the trigger. Replace the standard mako clutch and hub with the WKPP version. Extra blades and relay can't hurt either.

Kevin Jones

caverkevin once bubbled...
I would keep around a volt/ohms meter - useful for setting the trigger and checking batteries. Also have some heavy stainless steel fishing leader to fix the trigger. Replace the standard mako clutch and hub with the WKPP version. Extra blades and relay can't hurt either.

Kevin Jones

Thanks Kevin. I did buy it with the special clutch to avoid problems.

Tom

Gavin reportedly modify the windings of there motors to improve the efficiency.
Obviously they keep this very close to there chest (violently).

Being in the "motor windings and insulation" game, it interests me to know what they have done, not to copy or replicate, just out of interest.
If anyone has an idea PM me, Im dying to know.
Dave

Replace the standard mako clutch and hub with the WKPP version.
Have you guys been listening to JT again?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom