Advice on order

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PerfectD3

Reaction score
Well, seems leisurepro.com sent my order to another customer. That customer called me at 4am (Im 6 hrs ahead of him, so no ill will towards him) to let me know he received my package. Since he knew my name, what I ordered, and my vonage phone number, I figure it's legit. He's assuming I received his, but the military mail is usually a week or two longer than normal mail. I told him if I receive it I will be sure to notify him. In the mean time both of us are going to give LP a call today and I sent them an email earlier about the situation. If worse comes to worse, what are my options. I'm mostly concerned that LP won't do anything to correct their error and myself and the other guy will have to sort it out. Is there anyway to ensure that if I send him his stuff, that he will send me mine. Is there any credit card security that I can use or legal action I can take if push comes to shove?

PerfectD3:
If worse comes to worse, what are my options. I'm mostly concerned that LP won't do anything to correct their error and myself and the other guy will have to sort it out.

LP should be able to sort it all out by simply sending everybody what they have comming. There shouldn't be any need for you to deal with any one other than LP. there is no reason for LP to wait to get anything back before they send your stuff to you. Do you see the logic there...forget what they sent to any one else, just call them and ask them to send you what you paid for.

If you , and anyone else involved, only have dealings with LP, you let hem pick up the tab for all the extra shipping.
Is there anyway to ensure that if I send him his stuff, that he will send me mine. Is there any credit card security that I can use or legal action I can take if push comes to shove?

If you choose to forward some one elses order directly to them rather than to LP, why would you need any guaranty? If it's theirs then they should have it. You baught stuff from LP and it's LP who is obligated to make sure that you recieve your order. If they want to go sending things to people who didn't buy it, that's their trouble and no business of yours.

I'd send everything back to LP and tell them it's the wrong order, then have them send me the right stuff. Even though you and this other guy could exchange boxes to get the right orders, what if one gets lost in the mail? Who is liable then??

When you receive your order, if it's not the stuff you bought, call LP and arrange a return. They should pay for the return shipping, not you. What they will probably do is send out your real order with a shipping label included. They've sent me a faulty light once. I called and advised them the light had leaked battery acid inside. They sent out a new light with a return label. When I received it I sent back the bad light. They did charge me for the 2nd light, but they immediately credited my card back for the 1st one when they received.

Dive-aholic:
When you receive your order, if it's not the stuff you bought, call LP and arrange a return. They should pay for the return shipping, not you. What they will probably do is send out your real order with a shipping label included.

Yes, you should not have to pay the shipping for their mistake. Call them and have them straighten it out, and pay for any return shipping if you receive the wrong shipment. They can send you a return label like they did with Dive-aholic.

Good luck!

Britt :fish:
:fish:

I must admit... that has happened once or twice to us... some labels get mixed up and two orders go to the wrong addresses....

Actually, we can get in touch with UPS, and they will pick up both and re-route them to the proper destinations, and we even got them to overnight them to save time. I don't know if that's something they do for everyone... we've got a pretty good in with the folks at UPS:wink: http://www.scubatoys.com/press/ups.asp

But even if they can't get a shipper to swap the packages, it would seem the proper thing to do would be rush each customer their proper order at no charge, then issue a pickup tag for the erroneous orders. That would be standard business practice as far as I'm concerned.

scubatoys:
I must admit... that has happened once or twice to us... some labels get mixed up and two orders go to the wrong addresses....

Actually, we can get in touch with UPS, and they will pick up both and re-route them to the proper destinations, and we even got them to overnight them to save time. I don't know if that's something they do for everyone... we've got a pretty good in with the folks at UPS:wink: http://www.scubatoys.com/press/ups.asp

But even if they can't get a shipper to swap the packages, it would seem the proper thing to do would be rush each customer their proper order at no charge, then issue a pickup tag for the erroneous orders. That would be standard business practice as far as I'm concerned.

This is why I buy from you, Larry. The only time I shop elsewhere is if you don't carry what I want or something equivalent. :D

Anything that is sent to your house without you asking is yours to keep. If you like you can be nice and ask the sender to come and get the stuff you did not order. But it is TOTALLY on the sender (LP) to come and get the stuff if they want it back. What they typically do is have the UPS guy come an fetch it for them and of couse they pay for the return shipping and the pick up at your house.

The law about if it is delived to you it's yours is for good purpose. Otherwise we'd see scams where someone ships you some junk you don't want then bills you for it and gives you the option of paying the bill or shipping it back. If they could legally force you to do either (pay for it od return it) your portch would be overflowing with crud from all over the world. Hense the rule "they give it to you, it's yours."

In the case of a swapped package it is slightly different because yiou've paid for something else then you got. They should handle the whole deal. Expect them to send a courier out to pick up the package.

Unfortunately Im located in Germany with the USAf, so UPS isn't an option. I spoke with LP on the matter and they told me to refuse the order. When I can confirm refusal (said give them a call) they will ship me my wetsuit. I didn't know scubatoys was on this board... I would rather buy from someone the frequents the same board as I do. I do this with my motorcycle gear, Im not an active member but a member of cycleforums.com which is supported by tricktape.com. Every piece of my gear has come from TT, and if the scubatoys guys are active here I will begin buying from them. Y'all ship APO? :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom