Short Freediving Video finished...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5ata

Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished editing and uploading for people to view the video I shot last weekend in Clear Lake, Oregon.

Perfect day to freedive and shoot video - water temps a balmy 6 degrees Celsius and incredibile viz!!!

Footage shot with a SONY TRV950 in a Light & Motion Blue Fin Housing. Gotta get used to shooting while in a state of Apnea - not as easy as it sounds.

I have encoded an Mpeg 4 version at this URL: http://tinyurl.com/zvz4c

Take it easy on my server folks... :wink:

I seriously need to work on holding the camera more steady.. I had my external monitor die on me halfway through the shoot so I lost the ability to view what I was shooting so I had to do a alot of tweeking in Premeire pro to get any amount of steadiness... that equated to a long render time.. :-/

I understand long rendering times ... I just rendered an 8 minute video ... took nearly 4 hrs ... but it still beats the early days of rendering when a 20 minute video would take 20+ hrs :D

Awesome video. Nothing more graceful than a free diver. Questions: how cold was the water? How much weight do you have on? Looks like only 4 pounds. Great job.

rrodrig3:
Awesome video. Nothing more graceful than a free diver. Questions: how cold was the water? How much weight do you have on? Looks like only 4 pounds. Great job.

Water temp was 6C (around 40-42F). I was diving with about 8 pounds while the other two were diving with between 10-14 pounds. I was diving a 5mm Picasso freedive suit with a 3mm vest underneath with 7mm socks and 5 mm gloves.

great video! I love watching freedivers swim.

I live near Salem, and am going to head up there for a dive soon.
I also tried to log onto your website, but I couldn't find it online????
interested in your breathing exercises...

thanks again for the vid.

lovdasnow:
great video! I love watching freedivers swim.

I live near Salem, and am going to head up there for a dive soon.
I also tried to log onto your website, but I couldn't find it online????
interested in your breathing exercises...

thanks again for the vid.

Are you talking about UWDV??? Or Apnea Divers??? UWDV is online, Apnea Divers is still in development..

i was referring to apnea divers, so thats good to know. Let us know when the site is up.

lovdasnow:
i was referring to apnea divers, so thats good to know. Let us know when the site is up.

Working on it as I have time... Will post when live :)

Back
Top Bottom