Newbe Question on Settings... Sorry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DannyNY

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi All,
First post here... Hope these aren't to stupid questions. I have an Atmos 2. I've read through the manual a few times and I don't understand a couple of things and what they should be set at. And basically how to use it. :confused:

In Set 1, EDT (elapsed dive time), what is this for?

In Set 2, what is DTR (dive time remaining) is it for say when it's set to 10 mins, it alarms when there's 10 mins left on the dive? I'm guessing thats it....

The setting for the PO2, default is 1.60, is that correct for air diving, no nitrox? Or should it bet set for something else?

And now for the biggie, Dive planning. I go in for the first dive, I do nothing right. When I'm ready for the second dive I go to Dive Planner and put in the depth I plan to dive at again? That will tell me the times I have?

Maybe if someone has a rundown of all the setting and what they should be will help me understand.
Thanks for the help and I hope as I dive more, I'll understand more too.

DannyNY

Danny,
EDT (elapsed dive time) is an alarm setting for you... ie: if you want to limit your dive to 40 minutes, you set your EDT to remind you when 40 min. has expired.

DTR (dive time remaining) IS an alarm, however, it tells you how much longer you can dive at the depth (and %O2 mix), without it becoming a decompression dive (which you typically want to avoid).

Default setting for PO2 is 1.60 on the Atmos 2 (I dive the same 'puter), however, you'll probably find that 1.40 is more universally deployed for recreational diving (on AIR or Nitrox).

Dive Planner is just that... it gives you an idea of what depths, and at what mix you can dive based on previous dives (either nitrogen or O2 controlled). It's ONLY AN ESTIMATE. The Atmos will still tell you your nitrogen or O2 loading, and your DTR based on real time activity, regardless of what you did with the Dive Planner. The Planner is good for telling you an advance what to expect if you want to dive a particular depth and for how long.

Hope that helps... good luck...

Thank you BKP, it does help. Now maybe I won't be so afraid of it having the wrong settings. Thanks... Anyone else want to chime in, please do

Back
Top Bottom