Watch out Florida... Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere's Ernesto!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
All visitors to the Keys have been ordered OUT (this means YOU).

Our thoughts and prayers are for our Brethren and Sistern in the affected areas.

Via Con Dios!

OMG,

Florida is under a "State of Emergency" per Gov Bush. Is that ALL of Florida???

NetDoc:
All visitors to the Keys have been ordered OUT (this means YOU).

Our thoughts and prayers are for our Brethren and Sistern in the affected areas.

Via Con Dios!

And I am scheduled to fly into Orlando on Thursday and drive to the panhandle to visit my son. (and dive if possable)

Ernesto was just downgraded to a tropical storm again due to disruption over Haiti and it should travel over a large part of Cuba as well...

Hurricanes like Ernesto worry me. It's following a similar path as Donna and Charlie, expected to make a turn to the NE, and what comes after C and D?

Ernesto.

I started putting up my hurricane shutters this evening. Hope I won't need them.

On the bright side of things, at least the fossil beds should be given a good shake up.

OMG,

Florida is under a "State of Emergency" per Gov Bush. Is that ALL of Florida???
I wouldn't know, but based on this projection - not a bad idea. Ernie could hit any or all of the Hurricane State.

Ernesto.gif

DEEPLOU:
And I am scheduled to fly into Orlando on Thursday and drive to the panhandle to visit my son. (and dive if possable)
Ernie could be old news there by Thursday - if he doesn't wreck havoc.

There is talk about it being downgraded to a td at 5pm, lets hope

deeper thoughts:
There is talk about it being downgraded to a td at 5pm, lets hope

It still could spin up again after it clears cuba. Wind shear should be favorable...

ernesto, hernesto

bah ... not even a hurricane anymore

lamont:
It still could spin up again after it clears cuba. Wind shear should be favorable...

yeah yeah.. check's in the mail, no you don't look fat in that dress, nobody but me's handled this luggage since i packed it

I wouldn't worry too much about the Panhandle. Contrary to DandyDon's post ALL of the state is not in the projected path. :D

DandyDon do I need to teach you some Florida georgraphy? :blinking: Perhaps ALL of the peninsula is in the path, the panhandle is not. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom