Sea Elite Tek-X

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mjsylver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Anybody diving the house brand Sea Elite Tek-X from Divers Supply? I'm just wondering how they are holding up? I believe its a copy of he Dive-Rite 2500 and have been pretty pleased with it so far.

I've seen them at Divers Supply and thought about buying one but nothing is wrong with my current regulators. Good to hear that you like them. I've heard they are an exact copy of the RG2500.

Jeremy

A new version of the Tek X has just come out called The Tek X06. I was told its a copy of the Aqua Lung Legend.

Wow... That I'd be interested in. A regulator as good as the Aqualung and APeks like, but without having to pay the extra money to Aqualung.

mjsylver, btw... not sure which it's a copy of, but Aqualung copied some of it's reg's from Apeks. So both statements could be correct. In fact, they bought the company. (Aqulaung owns Apeks). FYI.

An LDS employee told me that the current Legend LX is really an Apeks ATX 40 repackaged.

Ok... I went and got my Legend LX out to see what the visual differences were that I could tell.

As you can tell. They appear to have a lot of the same noticable design features. Sure some of the cosmetic things are different, but who cares about how a piece of plastic is molded.

SEE0007-2T.jpg

prd_legend_lx.jpg

Even if you read the specs, they seem to have similar features. Cool!

I didn't see a mention that the Sea Elite had the ACD feature, but that's not something that is really needed if you treat your dive gear right anyway.

If they are the same though, this also should mean that the rebuild kits are widely available. another "cool!".

You may wish to check with Phil Ellis at Dive Sports. He sells the Dive Rite "look alike" as "Scuba Max" brand for $170. Phil's website states that these are the not a copy, but the same thing, different label. If he says so, it is. Dive Rite, Salvo, and these others are all asian made, and are supposed to come from the same source.

I recall that there were once a lot of Porsche parts that were the exact same as Volkswagen parts, except for the packaging. Many people insisted the dealer install the "genuine" Porsche part. They paid double price for this warm feeling. These regulators may be the same kinda thing.

The Dive Rite is similar to the Apeks DST with a swivel turret, but I'm not sure the Dive Rite is dry sealed. Since Aqualung/Apeks are made by Aqualung, I seriously doubt that the Dive Rite/Salvo clones are the same regulators. They are probably a close copy made by some offshore manufacturer, but whether or not they perform over time as well as the Apeks remains to be seen.

mjsylver:
I was told by one of the employees that its an apeks.

He was wrong. I am 100% certain of this.

Back
Top Bottom