Another DIN question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm getting ready to purchase a regulator and also a tank with a DIN valve. Can the regulator be ordered with the DIN instead of the YOKE or is that a conversion the shop makes? Also is there a charge for that?

Your LDS should take care of the conversion for you. The cost should be included with the DIN conversion. You should want to keep the Yoke in case you travel you will want your LDS to convert back.

Some regulators can be ordered as DIN instead of yoke. It depends on the regulator.

The answer varies but generally it can be ordered from the distributor in the DIN version though availability may be spotty.

If you buy the DIN adapter extra (about $50) I would think that the shop would swap it for you at the time of purchase for no charge. You then also own the yoke connector.

For travel you can convert the regulator back to yoke (the best but tedious option) or get an adapter that lets you convert on the fly. The geometry of your rig may influence how much you like the adapter idea.

Pete

I just bought a Zeagle Flathead that came from factory with yoke. Scuba Toys converted it right there (Din w/ yoke adapter) in about 5 minutes at no extra cost.

I would try to order it with the DIN and use the converter for Yoke. Seems to work better than the other way.

Order it DIN. Should be about the same price as the yoke version. And get a yoke adapter for travel. Scubapro's yoke adapter is great because it swivels.

ckjacques53198:
I'm getting ready to purchase a regulator and also a tank with a DIN valve. Can the regulator be ordered with the DIN instead of the YOKE or is that a conversion the shop makes? Also is there a charge for that?

It is possible in my market. Big brand such as Scubapro and Apeks should have listings for DIN version. But they are usually slight priced higher than the price of yoke version. But this is probably due to sales volume as DIN version are pretty rare here.

Back
Top Bottom