Confusion over the VEO100nx

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dash

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello guys, hope you can clear something up for me that I am probably misreading.

Looking at the Details for the VEO100 on the Oceanic website I read this:

Dive Time Remaining
Dive Time Remaining, like Air Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes, considering Air Time Remaining, Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, and automatically displays whichever allows less time.

How can a non- AI computer "consider" Air Time Remaining? How can the number be real? Isnt it just a countdown time until your NDL or the time remaining on your pre-planned dive time?

In comparison, the writeup on the more expensive and greater featured VEO250 says nothing about Air Time Remaining:

Dive Time Remaining
Dive Time Remaining provides a 'real' number in minutes. This calculation considers both Nitrogen and Oxygen absorption, displaying whichever allows less time.

Im new at diving so Im sure there are some things Im not understanding.

Thanks for your response!

Good point, we recently changed the page from the Veo100 to the Veo100NX, long story short looks like there is a mistake. We will get it changed.

Thanks for the heads up!

Best,

Chris

Dash Riprock:
lol, do I get a prize?

just kidding...

you guys are fast

Sure! PM Doug your address and we'll send you a ball hat.

As far as fast, on a good day....:D

Best,

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom