Aeris Launches The Elite T3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug Krause

Contributor
Reaction score
San Leandro, California (just south of Oakland)
AERIS LAUNCHES THE ELITE T3 HOSELESS DIVE COMPUTER

THE LATEST IN HOSELESS AIR-INTEGRATED DIVE COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY ARRIVES

San Leandro, CA August 31, 2006 --Those looking to upgrade or enter the world of hoseless air integration with a slim, elegant Dive Computer, will love the new AERIS elite T3, announced today. The elite T3 achieves a remarkable balance between features and usability, allowing you to focus on what’s important – the dive. With AERIS’ wireless transmitter, the diver can also monitor gas pressure from up to three independent cylinders – ideal for both technical diving applications with compatibility with up to three Nitrox mixes to 100% oxygen and recreational diving with our new Buddy Pressure Check™ feature.

KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:

1. Air, Nitrox, Gauge and Free Dive Operating Modes

2. Buddy Pressure CheckTM allows monitoring of up to two “buddy” transmitters

3. Switch between up to 3 independent transmitters for multiple cylinder use

4. 3 Nitrox mix compatibility to 100%

5. Bold, easy-to-read digits

6. Custom Audible Alarms with flashing red LED light

7. Dedicated Free Dive Mode allows switching between SCUBA and Free Diving during the same dive period and features dive time in min:sec, 1-second sampling rate, an automatic 30-second elapsed dive time alarm, countdown timer and 3 independent maximum depth alarms

8. Personal Conservative Factor Adjustment

9. Backlight with user-defined duration

10. Alpha-Numeric Message Box Display clearly identifies data and alarm conditions

11. Adjustable Safety Stop Time and Depth

12. Includes ACI Software and USB V2 Cable for both data download and settings upload (complete unit with transmitter only)

13. 512K Download Memory Capacity

The elite T3 has an MSRP of US$639.95 for the wrist unit only or US$949.95 complete with wireless transmitter and is available from AERIS’ network of Authorized Dealers throughout the world. More information may be found at: www.diveaeris.com/p_computers_elitet3.html

ABOUT AERIS:
AERIS offers a complete range of innovative and feature-rich SCUBA diving and snorkeling equipment. Our goals today are the same as the day we opened for business; to raise the standard of products sold in the diving industry. Each one of our products represents an improvement in performance, aesthetics, function, and value. Try one for yourself; we're confident you'll agree.

For more information visit: www.DiveAERIS.com

Wow, so are you saying that this dive computer will log up
to 512 dives? Thats a huge gain over existing products.
Roughly how many hours/minutes of logging at 15 sec samples?
or even better, how many data/log samples does it store?
(So I can calculate the total hours/minutes of
logging depending on sample rate).

--- bill

Hi Bill,

My mistake - I've edited the post to display 512k memory capacity, which is double that of the ATMOS elite.

Following is a guideline for each sampling rate:

Sampling Rate Estimated Capacity
60 Seconds 100-110 Hours
30 Seconds 50-55 Hours
15 Seconds 25-30 Hours
2 Seconds 4-5 Hours
1 Seconds (Free Dive) 1.5-2 Hours

Cool! That's great. Looks like its enough to hold
a full weeks worth of dives on a dive trip with 15 sec samples.

One more question:
Does it track air pressure in the samples which might allow
a future ACI release to plot air usage as well?

I would like to gripe about this some.
I have 1 major issue that I am yet to come up with a good solution to. I would really like to move up to the world of hoseless AI computers but still have not seen one that has the ability to mount a compass or even better yet an electronic compass (if that works u/w) and since most of my dives are shore dives or night dives, Navigation is extremely important to me.
I have considered doing a compass on a retractor but would like to see something a little more intragrated. Any chance we might see an electronic compass??

I realize that you have a retractor mounted unit with compass, but that was not my question,.

Is there any chance that Oceanic / Aeris will be releasing a wrist mount AI computer similar to the VT3 with an electronic compass. I have since found other companies that have them, why don't you?? OR more importantly when will you??

A quick question regarding the tmt and the t3. I just picked mine up and have been reading the manual to ensure I get it right and have one question (so far). The tmt that came with the t3 is it already programed into the computer? Or do I need to do the steps that are on page 50 of the manual. So far everything about this computer is what I was looking forward to. Hope to put it to use this weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom