Have you ordered gear from Joe Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brandnew2Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am brand new to Scuba, just received my open water a couple of weeks ago. I am looking to buy my own gear. I found the Joe Diver America website, based out of Florida, and they have some amazing deals compared to my local dive shop. A friend warned me never to order gear off the internet but he wasn't quite sure why. I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered gear from the Joe Diver America website, and how was the experience. They state on the site that they are an authorized dealer and they put the gear together for free. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Brandnew2Scuba:
I am brand new to Scuba, just received my open water a couple of weeks ago. I am looking to buy my own gear. I found the Joe Diver America website, based out of Florida, and they have some amazing deals compared to my local dive shop. A friend warned me never to order gear off the internet but he wasn't quite sure why. I was wondering if anyone has ever ordered gear from the Joe Diver America website, and how was the experience. They state on the site that they are an authorized dealer and they put the gear together for free. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Joe Diver America is on the up and up, as are all of the full-line local dive stores that also operate internet sales operations. When you buy from such a store, you ARE buying from a local dive store.

Phil Ellis

PhilEllis:
When you buy from such a store, you ARE buying from a local dive store.

Phil Ellis

Not if I'm in NJ!

:)

(Just busting - couldn't resist!)

I've ordered from Joe Divers. They are fine. No problems whatsoever. Be careful when buying from the Internet however. According to many on the baord, equipment ordered online is highly likely to burst, fail, or break at a moments notice especially when you least expect it. Equipment bought from your LDS is much more expensive but because it has a manufacturer's warrant will never fail. Your wallet is also more likely to be thinned out by the LDS so you will carry less weight when you travel. Now that's a big plus.

Seriously, shop around the net, then get your LDS to at least try and come close to those numbers. Remember that it's all about the service.

tridacna:
Shop around the net, then get your LDS to at least try and come close to those numbers. Remember that it's all about the service.

Yogi Bera couldn't have said it any better!

:)

Ordered from Joe Diver before and have had great service.

I bought my vests from JD and had very nice service. No problems whatsoever (and that includes returing/exchanging merchandise).

just bought a bc from joe divers, great deal no problems,got 2 dives on it today love it.

Hmm.. Joe Diver America is a 100% internet based store. They have no real store front. I've actually gone to their location here in Ft Myers and picked up a CHEAP reg for beach dives and was a bit surprised at the lack of store front.... very conveniently located near RSW (regional southwest airport) for easy shipping :D

Back
Top Bottom