Air 2 on bp/w

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ffdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I know im going to get some hell for this, but does any one have an air 2 on a bp/w? and is it as easy as it looks to attach one?

Obviously not many people do it but I have seen it (once) and have no issue with it. I have no problems with it but I'm sure somebody else may chime in soon.:wink:

Why oh why?!
:p

A buddy of mine has that setup. It's really no different than having it on a BC.

I have a TUSA IR3 on my wing. Works great.

I have one on my open water recreational BP/W setup and I like it. Attaches just like on any BCD.

Most wings have an incredibly short corrugated hose. Can you IMAGINE having your head turned to the left during the rest of the dive? Not for me. Even with the longish hose on my Chute II, I found the limitations disconcerting.

NetDoc:
Most wings have an incredibly short corrugated hose. Can you IMAGINE having your head turned to the left during the rest of the dive? Not for me. Even with the longish hose on my Chute II, I found the limitations disconcerting.
Changing out to a longer corrugated hose is easy. I put longer hoses on both my Oxycheq and OMS wings for my Atomic SS1. SS1 is nice because it can be unscrewed from the hose and moved to either wing.
(OK, I am out of the closet.)

Yes it's that easy. I kept my AIR2 because after more than 3000 dives using it as a power inflator I didn't like the button configurations of the standard inflators. Also I was very accustomed as to the exact amount of time I needed to depress the buttons to get the exact buoyancy I needed.

Regardless what the zealots might say, use the gear that you are comfortable with.:14:

Now having said that, why put a vw bug bumper on a cadillac.:shakehead

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom